Americans are killing each other less !

by Simon 11 Replies latest social current

• Simon
    Simon

Lowest murder rate for 40 years!

I think there will be some debate over the reasons for this ... is it the threat of the death penalty stoppong people committing crime or are fewer convicted because jurors feel less confident knowing that it sends someone to their death.

Maybe Americans are just getting more civilised?!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/4436168.stm

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    Maybe Americans are just getting more civilised?!

No. I think more of them have just moved to Toronto. We've had quite a bit of gun violence this year.

W

• funkyderek
    funkyderek

Simon:

are fewer convicted because jurors feel less confident knowing that it sends someone to their death.

That can't be the reason. There are fewer executions because the murder rate has dropped. Clearly, this is due to great leadership. Hooray for Bush!

• Simon
    Simon
    There are fewer executions because the murder rate has dropped. Clearly, this is due to great leadership. Hooray for Bush!

Yes, truly an inspirational leader who has led his countrymen to greatness. Bravo Bush.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

SOME STATES - ILLINOIS BEING ONE, DROPPED THE DEATH PENALTY RECENTLY AND MOVED ALL THOSE ON DEATH ROW TO LIFE IMPRISONMENT.

Will not happen yet in staunchly Republican states - see the figures for Texas if you need convincing on that one

• trevor
    trevor

Simon

At the moment you are protected by the Atlantic Ocean.

If your plans to move to Canada become a reality, you will be just a snow slide away from entering America.

Aggh!

• MegaDude
    MegaDude

I would guess the drop in crime is most likely due to the poor having more abortions.

• SWALKER
    SWALKER

I think it's because the price of ammo has sky-rocketed!!!

Chris Rock said "Let everybody keep their guns, just charge $50.00 a bullet and a brother will think twice before he pops someone...is he worth that much money?" (Said something to that effect!)

The other theory is that the armed forces are out of the country...could they be the ones behind all this? (Just kidding, don't go off on me!)

Swalker

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist
    Chris Rock said "Let everybody keep their guns, just charge $50.00 a bullet and a brother will think twice before he pops someone...is he worth that much money?" (Said something to that effect!)

LMAO! I love it!

I think alot of the drop here is that I am finally legitimately employed. My life is a hit-man is SO over. It's not the hours really, it's the class of people you have to kill.

Dave

• Special K
    Special K

with the skyrocketing price of gas.....

well, drive by shootings are down everywhere. LOL

Special K

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit