My One Year Anniversary posting here on JWD.......

by AK - Jeff 28 Replies latest jw friends

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

This was basically my second year out of the organization - we mark our leaving January 2004. I came across this site and began posting here one year ago today. [edited to say this week not today]

I have found many here to be truly a blessing from God - no matter your individual views of Him. I have grown intellectually by association with all of you. I have begun to get a grip on how to go about life outside the only religious home I had ever known - Jehovah's Witnesses - having been one officially for 30+ years, and in reality all my 50 years.

I have gone thru all the grieving stages here - the anger, denial, self esteem issues, etc. You have all been a wonderful source of encouragment, and of tremendous help in finding resources to overcome the pain of leaving this cult. I have gone from calling it a confused Christian religion, then a 'high-control' group, to calling it what it truly is, a cult.

I suppose that most of what I have learned here is available elsewhere. But, not the people! I will not name names of all those whom I have come to admire and respect, for I would surely miss someone important. One of the most valuable experiences has been fencing with the apologists that show up from time to time. It has strengthened my personal faith and committment when I see just how assertive and mind-controlled these people are - and how I was just like them only two years back. I see that they cannot defend thier faith in the Watchtower organization, and nothing has made me so aware of just how wicked it is that the Watchtower has created such mind drones, unable to defend a single doctrine well, and never without using simplistic and misleading Watchtower think. So I thank them too - some still post here, or lurk, and I hope that someday they will see the fog lift too.

So thank you all. I know I have contributed very little of value here - but it has been of great value to me to see such a free minded forum after decades stifled in my thinking and growth by the Watchtower empire.

May God bless. IF you don't believe in God any longer, may you still be blessed for what you have done to help former slaves of the borg here.

Cheers.

Jeff

• under74
    under74

It's been a pleasure reading your posts over the past year. Congrats on the one year mark

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Thanx U74

• coolhandluke
    coolhandluke

I always enjoy reading the things you post Jeff. You've been a salve to me while my wounds have been fresh. I can relate to the various stages and like you now view my former life as having been under the control of a cult. Truly sobering realization. Keep posting cuz we're reading, keep growing cuz its magnificent to watch, keep pushing forward cuz backward is the crap that we've already sludged through.

CHL

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Well stated, CHL, what we left behind was crap.

Jeff

• Curious Christian
    Curious Christian

You saddly short yourself when you say that what you contribute is of little value. Your one response and advice within that response to my post was more valuable than you will ever know. Not having been in the JWs myself, but having people I love being taken in, I can use all the insight and information you can muster. I've found all of your posts that I have read to be helpful. Thanks for posting them!

• Cori
    Cori

Congrats on your 1 year anniversary! Dont sell yourself short...I truly have alot to thank you for, the advice and kindness, and the copy of CoC which has changed my life. Thanks again....and congrats!!

Cori

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Thanx CC and Cori.

I hope that this forum helps many. I may accidently aid in that from time to time. But so many here are so well schooled in these topics that I know they add more than I could. Thanx for the kindness.

Jeff

• gumby
    gumby

Glad your here friend

Gumby

• coolhandluke
    coolhandluke
    I may accidently aid in that from time to time.

There is no accident to kindness Jeff. Really, there are times that I've put myself out there and been completely vulnerable and raw. The posts that you've made in response made me feel not alone and just a little closer to human. If you don't stop short changing yourself, I'll beat you severely.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit