when you hear christian do you think of jehovahs witnesses?

by tsunami_rid3r 22 Replies latest jw friends

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

honestly peeps, y'all are baffling me with your responses to this thread.

how can you say they're not xians? they don't even remind you of xians? not even a little bit? like you know, oh, the memorial of Christ's Death? the NT and the OT in the SAME book? (gasp!) all the bible scriptures they reference when they write crap? the paintings of bible scenes? the bread and the wine? sin and salvation?

come on now, really. this is silly. does anyone...anyone at all agree with me? does anyone else, apart from me, see the laughable irony of saying that they are not xians, when they are saying the same thing about or other xians? hello! anyone there!

sure! they interpret the bible differently than you, and/or your xian pals. this makes them not xian? are seventh day adventists xians? are protestants christians? hmm?

you know, i know this is an ex-JW board, and the WTS is the big bad wolf in the woods. they're the worst. okay, fine, i pretty much agree. but it says a lot when no one wants to associate them with xianity, even specifically. it says a lot about what f-ing retards they are. yes! but i am afraid it says a lot about you, when you don't even think of them as xians.

i mean, i already said: "fine. the chinese are atheists too. and they are a horrid, horrid government." -- is anyone else willing to meet me here? any of you xians who say JW are not xians, i challenge you to tell me why they are not and make sense at the same time.

thank you, i'm your host, tetrapod.sapien. and good night america. god bless.

TS

• chrissy
    chrissy

:... and then he prayed for me... he invited me to a book study and we exchanged info.... i have him listed in my phone as ryan jesus:

thanks tsu. more comical than you can even imagine.

when i hear the word christian, i dont think witnesses per say. but when i hear the words JW, i think christians. now i dont know if that makes sense, but, i see no distinction and associate them all, one in the same, under the wonderful world of make believe.

even if there is a god, why cant christians just stop talking about it for awhile. what do they think they are accomplishing by stalking people outside of weight rooms...and flashing million dollar bills? lol. “An ounce of practice is worth more than tons of preaching.” shhh...they could learn a thing from the dali lama.

• jgnat
    jgnat

tetra, the JW's are definitely not orthodox Christians. Christians follow Christ. Kind of simple. And, as blondie points out so well, Jesus is given lip service only in WT literature. JW's follow the Faithful and Discreet Slave.

As my pastor likes to say, sitting in a garage doesn't make you a car. JW's may call themselves true Christians, but do they bear the marks?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit