when you hear christian do you think of jehovahs witnesses?

by tsunami_rid3r 22 Replies latest jw friends

• tsunami_rid3r
    tsunami_rid3r

like when you hear someone say they are christian and talk about jesus lot do you relate them to being like jehovahs witnesses on instinct?

• Aude_Sapere
    Aude_Sapere

Nope. I don't.

And I don't think most 'worldly' people do either. I would guess that they think 'cult', 'Watchtower', maybe 'Jehovah'. Then they wonder: "What's a Jehovah?"

-Aude.

• Balsam
    Balsam

Even while a Witness when I heard of people refered to as Christians I always thought of worldly Christians, that is other Christians outside of JW's. That is probably because I was an convert and wasn't raised in it. JW's think of themselves as JW's not Christians so much. Jehovah's Christians Witnesses perhaps. Religion and Christians leaves a bad taste in my mouth entirely these days.

• tsunami_rid3r
    tsunami_rid3r

let me explain more, like when someone says they're christian i get this gut feeling that they are going to judge me on the things i do like drink and smoke or party. i get a gut feeling that theyre boring and plain like jehovahs witnesses. on campus here, i find a lot of strong christians. one time i walked out of the weight room and this guy approached me with a one million dollar bill, and then he spoke something about jesus and i acted interested. he told me about a website that was on the bill, and he talked for an hour outside about how jesus loves me and crap.

i told him about my jehovahs witness upbringing and my reasons for being in college, that is to stay open minded but exploring at the same time. his fiance said that being open minded is bad basically and then he prayed for me. he invited me to a book study and we exchanged info. i have him listed in my phone as ryan jesus. lol.

do you see my point now?

• Aude_Sapere
    Aude_Sapere
    ...and this guy approached me with a one million dollar bill, and then he spoke something about jesus and i acted interested. he told me about a website that was on the bill...

Was he a big kid from NorthCarolina named Richie?? Sounds like his apostate convention checks...

Sorry, j/k.

I still get creeped out when 'christians' approach me. I find most of them to be very judgemental. Seems like a good opportunity for you to talk and explore. Maybe even attend a meeting or two.

Please don't join them. Then we'll be getting the 'How do I get out of THIS cult?' threads...

-Aude.

• in a new york bethel minute
    in a new york bethel minute

not even a little bit...

• dedpoet
    dedpoet

The words "christian" and "jehovahs witnesses" don't belong in the same sentence as far as I'm concerned, so no.

• ithinkisee
    ithinkisee

Nope ... in fact every time I read something like "true Christians" (implying JWs), I laugh inside.

-ithinkisee

• misspeaches
    misspeaches

Hi Tsunami!

Since moving on from the JW's I have met a few Christians and I would never think of JW's being part of the same group.

Christians love Jesus. They go on & on about him and how much they love him. In the JW's Jesus is lucky to get a mention at the memorial....

• pc
    pc

NEVER!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit