What's the first thought that comes to mind when wordly people think of JWs

by JH 39 Replies latest jw friends

• Frog
    Frog

Who???

• Mary
    Mary

• Strange people who let their children die instead of taking a blood transfusion,
    • can't celebrate Christmas and won't stand for the National Anthem;
    • don't believe in Jesus (even though this is a misconception, this is what alot of people think);
    • Saturday morning door bangers

I've never met one person who thinks of "God's Kingdom" or "Jehovah's Sovereignty" when they think of J Dubs.......and after 130 years of them preaching about God's Kingdom, it kinda makes their "commission" pointless and moot if no one thinks of this eh?

• Frog
    Frog

"Jahovah, who's Jahovah??...always look on the bright side of the life..."

• damselfly
    damselfly

The only thing one of my friends knew was that her JW classmate was allowed to die because of severe internal bleeding.

Very good witness that was.

Dams

• Quentin
    Quentin

Often confused with Mormons as to door knocking activity.

• FreeWilly
    FreeWilly

Crack-pots! - Doomsday cult - weirdo's (Ok that's just me talking)

• Honesty
    Honesty

False Prophets

• somebodylovesme
    somebodylovesme

Going door to door -- and that's about it, in my experience. When I mentioned Witnesses or something about my husband being raised without holidays, people are usually surprised. They don't really think about JWs that much, or just lump them in with everyone else.

Does sort of put a hole in their martyr theory, doesn't it?

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

I started a thread on ShipOfFools.com (in Purgatory) asking how many had ever spoken with JW's. Most said they knew who JW's were and had some vague idea what they believed, but had never spoken to them personally. Not by choice, they've just never been called on.

Looks like the worldwide-preaching-work might need some brushing up. Big J's gonna be pissed if they don't get it taken care of before his Armageddon clock starts ringing.

Dave

• freedom96
    freedom96

The first thing to come to their minds has got to be the door to door witnessing. Other than that, I don't think most people know much of anything about the witnesses.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit