What's the first thought that comes to mind when wordly people think of JWs

by JH 39 Replies latest jw friends

• JH
    JH

I'll start........ Saturday morning door knockers

• Outaservice
    Outaservice

To my surprise, most worldly people never think of JW's, ever!

Outaservice

• Cygnus
    Cygnus

hmmm..

yeah I'd say you're right JH. I go by the number of people who'd come into the now-defunct JW room on yahoo and their first thing said was "STOP KNOCKING ON MY DOOR AT 7 O'CLOCK SATURDAY MORNING!!!!!!!!!!!"

Not celebrating birthdays and holidays is second judged by similar people coming into the room and saying "MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Third would be not accepting blood transfusions, again by people coming into the room and saying "I WAS IN A CAR ACCIDENT I NEED BLOOD HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Among religious types, I'd say that JWs rejecting the trinity is tops, followed by the 144,000 thingamajigger.

• blondie
    blondie

Won't take blood transfusions

Don't celebrate Christmas or birthdays

Don't salute the flag or say the pledge of allegiance

Don't serve in the military

Based on the statements thrown at me by householders at the door for 40 years

• stevenyc
    stevenyc

Strange, American sect Christians.

steve

• Dune
    Dune

I was surprised to learn when i learned that no one really cared.

You are told that we are a "public spectacle" and "one of the most hated people on the earth".

But then I learned that most people think that JW's are just another religion.

• gladdy
    gladdy

Brain washed zombies walking around in a trance, smiling idiotically when someone tells that not to come back to their homes and shutting the door in their faces. Any that have come out cannot believe what they have done and the time wasted of their precious lives.

• blondie
    blondie

I know what they don't think of: that they are preaching the good news of God's kingdom.

• Mulan
    Mulan

people to joke about..............more and more references to them, in an unflattering way, on television.

• Mr. Kim
    Mr. Kim

.........is it confused, strange, questionable or just odd?

OR could it be, WHY did this "church" belong to the United Nations for over TEN years and lie about the union?

OR could it be WHY is it so easy for the Witnesses to turn on each other as they often do when directed by an elder or other authoritarian? ........ So much for "friends," huh?

Shall I continue? Ok, so this post is a little bit deeper than it should be, my bad!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit