TRUST Poll...UBM'S I'm asking you

by jgnat 30 Replies latest social relationships

• jgnat
    jgnat

My turn down honesty lane! Next, I'll summarize the results.

1. On a scale of one to ten, one being the lowest, how do you rate the importance of trust in your relationship?

Eight

2. One to ten, intimacy?

Nine. Too many years without.

3. One to ten, honesty?

Seven.

4. Does your partner trust you? Why?

Yes, because I always do what I say I will. I remember my promises and I keep them.

5. Do you trust your partner? Why?

Not always, LOL! He's a survivalist. If a quick lie will keep his neck out of the noose, he'll take it. He's never quite figured out that the easy road doesn't pay in the long run. My security comes from his complete predictability. I know when he's lying.

6. What does it take for your trust to rebuild? Is it time? Certain actions of your partner?

It's taken both.

7. For you, what is the ultimate trust-breaker? That is, if your partner betrayed you on this, you could not rebuild your trust?

If he was with another woman.

8. Has your partner ever told you that you must adjust your attitude and forgive them?

No, and if he tried, he'd have more than his attitude to adjust.

9. Has your partner ever diminished your feelings of betrayal, for example, saying it's not such a big deal?

Yes, in a big manly man joshing punch-the-shoulder kind of way. He thinks if he makes a stupid joke I'll laugh it off. He has no idea what to do with a weeping wife.

10. Anything else to add? (My favorite question)

Again, I am impressed with the quality of all your replies, your candidness, the reality of where you are living. You will help me write a book on it, I am sure!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit