Pat Robertson tells town, "Don't expect God to help you"

by sir82 14 Replies latest jw friends

• sir82
    sir82

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/9995578/

I just don't get it. I thought evangelism was supposed to make God more appealing to people?

The irony is, most JWs will point accusing fingers at this representative of Babylon the Grape, but not realize that their own message preached every Saturday morning is essentially the same: "Worship God our way, or don't come crying to us when Armageddon comes"

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist
    “And don’t wonder why he hasn’t helped you when problems begin, if they begin. I’m not saying they will, but if they do, just remember, you just voted God out of your city. And if that’s the case, don’t ask for his help because he might not be there,” he said.

Just so we're clear, Pat, you're saying that when this particular town experiences a problem and gets no help from God, they shouldn't wonder why? But when any other town -- say, the one you live in -- experiences a disaster and gets no help from God, they would be within their rights to wonder why.

Ok, sounds reasonable.

Gawd how I wish I enough lack-of-integrity to be a rich televangelist!

Dave

• luna2
    luna2

He is such a jerk. Like he's God's spokesman and knows what the Almighty would or wouldn't do. Please. If there is a God and he's inclined to do anything, I'd hope he'd strike Robertson in the ass with a lightening bolt for being such a moron.

Pat would be right at home on the Governing Body I think...except that I'm sure he'd miss all the media exposure everytime he opens his fat mouth.

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

Oh guys...consider the source. Most Christians don't even take this guy seriously.

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist
    Most Christians don't even take this guy seriously.

No question, Andi. I sure don't look at whack-jobs like Pat and think I'm looking at "Christians". He falls squarely in the "likes the spotlight/gettin' rich off of idiots/evil creep" group. Got nuthin' to do with Christianity.

Dave

• Effervescent
    Effervescent
    Oh guys...consider the source. Most Christians don't even take this guy seriously

So true!

I've always considered him in the same category with Rev. Jesse Jackson in loving to hear himself speak.

• daystar
    daystar
    Oh guys...consider the source. Most Christians don't even take this guy seriously.

True enough. When I think of what a real Christian evangelist should be like, I think Joel Osteen.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I like Joel Osteen, even bought his book. Pat Robertson has permently lost some brain cells.

• Jourles
    Jourles

Is it me, or are more and more well-known evangelists becoming outspoken? Saying things such as this tripe would have got them in deep poo poo years ago. But now that Bush has made it acceptable to be a Christian and to push that idea wherever need be without much resistance, do the rest of 'em jump on the same bandwagon figuring that they get a free pass as well?

• banished1
    banished1

"Pride before the crash"!!!!

This man has always been so arrogant!

He is setting himself up for a big fall, you wait and see!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit