Are Most Folks Here Agnostics and Atheists?

by Nate Merit 73 Replies latest jw friends

• bigwilly
    bigwilly

I identify myself as mostly apothetic with strong anti-christian leanings

I am moderately interested into looking into pagan background, but not interested in Wicca per se, or joining another "group". I have attended UU a couple of times and been pleasantly suprised (1st sermon was about Mr Rogers).

Big Willy

• daystar
    daystar
    but you wouldn't believe it if I told you about answers to specific prayers,

Sure I would. The problem I have is that Wiccans, for example, swear the same thing. Belief is a very powerful thing. (I know you might likely say that a Wiccan's power comes from Satan. But I know that that is no more true than it is of you.) I understand, however, that the power behind your prayers and behind a Wiccan's "spells" comes from the exact same source.

Do you expect me to believe there is no god because some ex-JW's (who ;were deluded most of ;their lives as it is) has the answers to all things theological?

I don't expect anything of you. We all believe what we want to believe.

• bigwilly
    bigwilly

I should clarify, by apathetic I mean; I don't know that there is a higher power, don't firmly believe there isn't (athiest), basically I don't care to dedicate much thought to it

• daystar
    daystar

bigwilly

I see you have a bit of the captain in you.

• bigwilly
    bigwilly

The foot prop is actually 5 gallons of homebrewed Scottish Heather Ale.

Big Willy

• daystar
    daystar

Ah, you bastard!

• bigwilly
    bigwilly

Arrogant Bastard? One of my Fav's!

Big Willy

• Nate Merit
    Nate Merit

Hey Frog. A nature pantheism. Cool. One need not think the Supreme Reality is a person, I certanly do not.
    nate

• Nate Merit
    Nate Merit

Flying High, same here. I don't believe in a Divine Person or Persons either.

Nate

• Nate Merit
    Nate Merit

Hi City Fan

I had forgotten that post, thank you for reminding me.

To be an agnostic is a good attitude indeed. Skepticism is always called for in the realm of spirituality and religion. I love the Tao Te Ching. Here are some interesting anagrams of Tao Te Ching:

Get to China
    Go Anti-Tech
    No Ethic Tag

and my personal favorite: Nate Got Chi

Nate

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit