Seriously: Was this board for active JWs??

by Eyebrow 19 Replies latest jw friends

• Eyebrow
    Eyebrow

I have rarely found anything written by active JWs here. It causes me to wonder if this was actually set up by an active JW and got out of hand. Especially since the site asks us not to stumble our brothers.

Ooooo....I have been warned about evil boards like this!!

Also, why is it that most of the time I click on a member's personal website it is for some MLM business? It is interesting to see that MLM, so prevelent in JWs is still being carried out by those that leave, heehee.

• Naeblis
    Naeblis

And evil people like ME!!! Ooga booga!!!!

• jelly
    jelly

Warning I might be speaking out of turn here.

I remember browsing this board when it was first established and days would go by with no posters. Its my opinion that Simon set this board up to be a type refuge for JW's that are leaving, out, or just in some way been victimized by the organization. Initially I think Simon was a little concerned that if the board was filled with apostates that some JW's that needed help would not look here for it. I remember that Shuan (the webpage person) got her posting priviges revoked for being an apostate. My point is that I believe originally Simon maybe wanted this board to be a little gentler but he would have to confirm that himself.

Jelly

• COMF
    COMF
    Ooga booga!!!!

Shades of killfrog.com!

COMF

• ladonna
    ladonna

Eyebrow,

I raise my eyebrows....tut, tut, you are at a site you shouldn't be at??

What makes you think that some of the posters here are not JW's that are acting like "normal" people????
    Rather than programmed robots. Is this a place where they feel free??

Maybe,
    Ana

• waiting
    waiting

Hey Eyebrow (raised?)

Nice to meet you. When I found this place a little over a year ago, I was an active jw. I had browsed just a short time on the internet, found H20 and XJW sites.

Simon's was small, and very friendly - for anybody. I sat on the fence and refused to get off on either side. I just wanted time to think, read, and chat. I found that here.

It's changed with the enormous growth, but still a good place. I think we could be more *civil* lots of times - but with this many people, nationalities, and the residual jw mindset - I think we do a decent job of communicating.

As for the MLM businesses - wouldn't know, I don't click most of the time.

waiting

• bboyneko
    bboyneko

whats MLM? Monster Llama Machine?

-Dan

• trevor
    trevor

Eyebrow

If I thought for a minute that Simon was anything other that an active Jehovah's Witness I would leap from the top of the Tower.

Stumble our brothers? I would rather miss the New World than be guilty of such a sin!

• nytelecom1
    nytelecom1

dear brow..

i am an active member of Jehovahs Witnesses.

In fact I have an upcoming instruction talk entitled
    "Peer pressure- how can it be to your advantage"

any suggestions

• ballistic
    ballistic

peer pressure how could it be to your advantage?

you can learn something good from your peers.

What if, for instance, you were on a long car journey, and a stranger pointed out to you that you were headed in the wrong direction. Would pride prevent you from changing your course?

What if you had been a Jehovah's Witness for most of your life? Would a deep seated fear that you'd wasted all those years actually prevent you from re-thinking your beliefs?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit