experienced thru the intellect/logic/reason
    alone.

And my beliefs about God and my relationship
    with God change as I learn and grow and
    experience life.

Quester

• freakshow
    freakshow

I went through 21 years of not believing in God and now I know he exist. Why??? I just know it can't explain I just do. there have been so many times that I have turned to him for help in seemingly hopeless situations and he has been there. He has saved me from myself. Ok it's 6:30 am and I am off to work.

• funkyderek
    funkyderek
    I don't believe God can be known or
    experienced thru the intellect/logic/reason
    alone.

What else is there?

--
    Ubi dubium ibi libertas

• peaceloveharmony
    peaceloveharmony

abaddon, great question!

Can you hand-on-heart not kidding yourself say that your belief either in god, or in the non-existance of god,

a/ is the result of careful research as part of an attempt to reach some form of objective overview on whether god exists or not, in as far as such a question may be determined.

b/ is the result of an unshakeable presentiment.

c/ is a belief that you haven't really challenged or examined in any way.

d/ is something that you're nor even bothered about.

i have a feeling most believers in god would answer "c" (well, that is what i would guess if this was asked to my group of friends.) i think most people grow up, following the beliefs taught to them by their parents. nothing wrong with this, generally, but i, for one, was never satisfied with "because i say so" or "because the bible says so" as answers to my questions. and if something didn't make sense to me (ie. global flood) i wouldn't put any faith into it, until i could prove it. well, i never found proof of a global flood, what i found opened my eyes though. this was a history class i believe. two things that stand out from this class: Hindus have a flood story and some egyptian ruler (sorry, this was many many many years ago, and i just can't remember WHO) had his laws displayed on stone tablets and claimed they were given to him by "god". hmmmmmm, i started thinking....and the rest is history

so what i'm saying, is that it is important to THINK about WHY you believe what you do.

love
    harmony

Most people think, Great God will come from the skies, Take away everything And make everybody feel high. But if you know what life is worth, You will look for yours on earth: And now you see the light, You stand up for your rights.~~Bob Marley

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit