I'm getting my first flu shot today.

by damselfly 17 Replies latest jw friends

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

I get the shot every year.

I already got mine this year and it was no problem at all. One quick little prick and it was done. No burn, no sting and no sore spot afterward. It hurts far less than a mosquito sting.

No, it does not make you sick and does not contain any living organisms. Any sickness anyone experiences is purely psychosomatic... like a placebo effect. They *think* they are supposed to get sick so they start to feel bad.

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

Thanks for this post which serves as a reminder for me to get my flu shot! Last years shortage was a bummer and I ended up the year before with a bad case of the flu. My doc told me since I had double pneumonia to get the shot every year and so far I haven't......my bad!

Thanks for the explanation Scully I'm not afraid of needles or shots but I was concerned with the after affects of getting the shot. I'm glad to know it won't be anything short of some local soreness and I'll remember to take some Tylenol before the shot.

No, it does not make you sick and does not contain any living organisms. Any sickness anyone experiences is purely psychosomatic... like a placebo effect. They *think* they are supposed to get sick so they start to feel bad.

Yep Else welcome to my world.....if someone even mentions a headache I get one..........I would however prefer to think of myself as overly sensitive and compassionate. LOL

Now I've just got to find a clinic, bla

• misanthropic
    misanthropic

I've gotten the shot lots of times and I don't think it hurts very much at all. I would say it is so quick and fast you don't have time to feel pain.

I don't get it anymore because I haven't gotten really sick like that for the past 4 years...... Hope it

goes well for you! It will definitely be worth it, if it keeps you from getting really ill....

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

I'm getting mine tomorrow. I've gooten one every year for the last 5 years. Other than a bit of soreness it isn't bad.

I get B12 shots every month. The flu shot is easier.

So tomorrow I will get the flu shot in one arm and the B12 in the other arm. I should be rolling down the street after zigzaging my way down the sidewalk

No really it's OK

• damselfly
    damselfly
    One quick little prick and it was done. No burn, no sting and no sore spot afterward. It hurts far less than a mosquito sting.

I agree. I just got pricked and the only thing I felt was the coolness of the alchol swap. I don't know why I was panicking Can you tell I don't like new things? LOL

Dams

• Es
    Es

Glad it all went well babe im thinking maybe i should have had it done, all of us have the flu two weeks before the wedding.

es

• Darth Yhwh
    Darth Yhwh

Hopefully the strain of virus your getting vaccinated for will be the one that goes around. Otherwise your wasting your time and money.

• Ianone
    Ianone

You're getting your first flu shot? Do you like putting mercury in your body? >
    You know the flu shots have been linked to neurological disorders because of the mercury based preservative in them "thimerosal?"
    Related Links:
    RFK Jr. says Thimerosal and autism link is clear
    Video Proof Of Mercury's Effects On the Brain
    Total Population Control
    Flu Shot Linked to Neurological Disorders
    U.S. Vaccines Caused "Spanish Flu"
    Dead Scientists and Microbiologists-Master List
    List of Toxic Ingredients In Vaccines
    Top UK Doctor Ties 170 Cases Of
    Autism To MMR Baby Vaccine

Questions Raised Over Claim Of MMR Vaccine Safety
    And by the way, Christians and Libertarians were opposing vaccinations lone before J Dubs were.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit