The Real Whore of Babylon

by Uncanny 21 Replies latest jw friends

• logical
    logical

Naeblis, I read it.

AGuest,

I just think the Williams sister's get a bad 'rap' from people who don't even know them due to their association(?) with the WTBTS. Yes, I know Uncanny has no problem with 'em, really, but his/her depiction of Venus and her bodyguard was, IMHO, unfair... and an 'opinion'. Anyone else may have seen it differently...)

I hear you. But, most heterosexual males (or homosexual females) in the bodyguard's position would be thinking those sort of things, I know I would. Ooops.

The main topic of the post was an attack on the WTS from how I read it.

Although its the so-called "annointed" who have committed spiritual idolatory and rode the wild beast (WTS) who comprise the Great Harlot... Babylon the Great (am I correct?)

• Utopian Reformist
    Utopian Reformist

JanH:

I don't understand your inflective disdain? Please explain. Keep in mind I am not trolling or defending the WTBS, I am just saying information about supposedly public JW figures is of very little value.

Michael Jackson had very little effect one way or the other for the average householder or rank and file JW.

• humble
    humble
    but rather how they continue to be tolerated by her religion's Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses. Yet again, these out of touch old fogeys continue to prove how there is one law for their rich and famous members, and another for rank and file JayDubs.

This is a silly accusation. How can you keep spreading these rumors without knowing anything about it.

Venus Williams is not a baptized Witness. Only her mother is baptized. Her father is not and was never a Witness. Now if she is not a baptized Witness, what do you want the Watchtower to do about it? I guess you could call up the public affairs office and ask about it if you are so interested.

Or do the powers that be continue to look the other way as long as the Williams girls keep pumping some of their multi-million dollar earnings into the bulging coffers at Brooklyn?

This is unfounded gossip, my friend. There is no proof to make such a serious accusation against Jehovah's Witnesses.

• Silverleaf
    Silverleaf

In response to Uncanny, I think the reason that famous JWs tend to 'get away' with a different standard than the rank and file is because if they encountered some of the horrible situations described here, their accounts might appear in national or international media, and wouldn't that be bad for the organization?

Silverleaf

• humble
    humble

silverleaf: Again you are only spreading false rumors and gossip.

No famous JWs 'get away' with anything. If a person is not a baptized member then he/she cannot be disciplined by the congregation for leading an inmoral lifestyle. Many call themselves one of Jehovah's Witnesses, but could only be a son/daughter of a baptized member. Some were just raised as Witnesses and are inactive now.

• logical
    logical

Humble,

Absolute rubbish. You know exactly how two faced the WTS is. You are a perfect example. You are going against their laws and associating with apostates on the internet.

Personally, I dont care what you do. Hopefully in time you will realise the golden calf you worship isnt worth it, like so many on this board have found out.

If a famous BAPTISED witness was indeed being a bit naughty, then they WOULD get away with it, we all know exactly how precious their image is, they want to look good from the outside, they dont want their true nature exposed in the mass media, which would happen if they treated the famous JW like they treat the rest of the JW's.

• humble
    humble

logical: There is no need for you to call me two faced. If you don't want me posting here, that is o.k, but no need to insult. We can be mature adults.

If a famous BAPTISED witness was indeed being a bit naughty, then they WOULD get away with it, we all know exactly how precious their image is

Again, this is only gossip because it can't be proven. If this was true, they wouldn't have cleaned up the GB in the 80's, would they?

• JanH
    JanH

logical,

I hear you. But, most heterosexual males (or homosexual females) in the bodyguard's position would be thinking those sort of things, I know I would. Ooops.

About Venus Williams? Yuck! Not me. She's ugly. She doesn't know how to dress. And I'd hate to think what all those steroids have done to her body.

Oh well, personal preferences and all that. She's at least fit.

- Jan
    --
    Faith, n. Belief without evidence in what is told by one who speaks without knowledge, of things without parallel. [Ambrose Bierce, The Devil´s Dictionary, 1911]

• JanH
    JanH

UR

I don't understand your inflective disdain?

Calm down, man. I quoted the one word I commented on. I was just in a pedantic mood. I get there when I do computer programming all day. So there!

- Jan
    --
    Faith, n. Belief without evidence in what is told by one who speaks without knowledge, of things without parallel. [Ambrose Bierce, The Devil´s Dictionary, 1911]

• Hojon
    Hojon
    If a person is not a baptized member then he/she cannot be disciplined by the congregation for leading an inmoral lifestyle.

Huh? I used to always here announcements in the Hall that So and so (and unbaptized person attending the meetings) was not good association and should be avoided. They are always doing that stuff when they find out an unbaptized member of the cong is committing some act the Society frowns on.

The fact that the Williams sisters are going around calling themselves witnesses leads me to believe they are active, if not baptized. The very fact they associate themselves with the Witnesses and the WTS doesn't do anything to distance themselves from them means that they are accepting them by default.

Think about this, if Marilyn Manson started going around calling himself a Witness how long do you think it would be before the WTS made some kind of public statement disassociating themselves from him? The Society likes the publicity from the Williams and therefore is willing to look the other way at times.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit