Poof - I have changed into.......

by AK - Jeff 13 Replies latest jw friends

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

One who is non-judgmental about others.

After 40 yrs of mind-control and judging everyone and everything in black/white, I am noticing that I don't even give much thought to the old witness predudice and self-righteous judgmentalisms anymore.

I could generally care less if a person I meet is a Christian or not, hetero or homo in sexual prefs, wears earrings or not, how they dress, ect.

Could it be that the witness fog is finally lifted and I am able to see the world without the witness filters?

That is not to say I don't care about some of those things on some level, but they make little diff to me in general now.

I have become.... dare I say it.... Normal! [of course wifey would not agree, as she never thought I was normal, but she loves me in spite of that]

Jeff

• GoingGoingGone
    GoingGoingGone

Congratulations! Isn't it a great feeling???

GGG

• xjwms
    xjwms

Ah,...yes

its a good feeling

Don't you agree???

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

I hear you there Jeff, and a big amen!

Gratz

• misanthropic
    misanthropic

AK - Jeff I can relate. Things I would have been horified by other people doing in the past (such as posting on an ex JW site) I do without even thinking about. of course I have been out for several years but just recently came into this "new way" of living.

• toer5777
    toer5777

I think that is kind of harsh! JW aren't normal people? I dont understand why is there such an attack against Witnesses. Who try to abide by evreything the bible says furthermore have to go through persucusion such as being made fun of or talked ill of for bein a witnesses

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5
    JW aren't normal people

You got that right, jws aren't normal people!

• forsharry
    forsharry

How what Ak_Jeff said persecuting jws? That's a rather masochistic approach to persecution I believe. That would be like me going to downtown Riyadh with my blonde hair and blue eyes wearing a belly dancing costume and dancing the twist to Chubby Checker. I would be welcoming whatever harsh punishment I would have coming to me.

If you go by the fact that JWs display some very concerning mind-control cult-like tactics on its membership then no, most JWs aren't normal. They have been manipulated and aren't using their god-given rational minds as was intented, instead following blindly information from an elitest 'rulership.' It doesn't mean they're freaks...but they're definitely not free either.

Bottom line. Life is never black/white, right/wrong. There are always grey areas...and that is where all should look for answers. I never simply believe what someone tells me. I go and research it to make sure it's right! Because as many of the Elders and even the GB has stated, that the WT has made mistakes in the past...

• Confession
    Confession

toer,

I do understand where you're coming from, but please hear me out. There are a wide variety of people who come into this forum, but understand that most of us--after perhaps many years of being loyal Jehovah's Witnesses--came to find out that the Watchtower Society is not what it purports to be. I know you may not hold this belief, but we do. And if you can be open-minded enough to put the Watchtower Society itself under the light of scrutiny, you'll find that they themselves have been doing the "attacking."

Although they try to put a pleasant face on their teachings, they do--as you must know--teach that anyone not a baptized Jehovah's Witness, in good standing with the organization, attending all possible meetings, and actively engaging in the Watchtower's field ministry will die at Armageddon. What's worse? Jeff's believing that JWs are judgmental? Or JWs believing all those not in their group are condemned to everlasting destruction?

I know that, while a JW elder, I was particularly sensitive to individuals. But I also know that many, many of my fellow JWs were not so. There was a fellow elder who, while conducting the bookstudy, referred to homosexuals sneeringly as "a bunch of fags." There was also a past-70 pioneer sister who used the same ugly slur. What about those of other religions? Yes, I recall trying to be an influence toward more respectful attitudes about these people. But, again, most were not this way. When you are part of an organization that teaches categorically that ALL other religions are part of "the world empire of false religion," are a part of "Satan's seed," etc, you produce a good deal of followers who sneer, mock, and speak disdainfully of any who hold a strong hope other than yours.

Don't agree? Then think... What comments might generally come from those in your cargroup if, after getting back in the car, you told them your householder had said they were a "born-again Christian" and they were looking forward to the "rapture" that Christ foretold? Would they say: "Oh well that's nice. Good for them"? Probably not. They would likely heave pathetic sighs, comment about how clueless they were, and suggest that they'll be getting a big surprise at Armageddon.

Now no one is saying JWs--or any group of people--don't have the *right* to believe as they do. But, upon learning what we have, we now see how judgmental we were as JWs. Heck, maybe some of us still are. But I totally relate with Jeff's post, as I have begun to feel the same way.

• greendawn
    greendawn

The dubs are too ready to pass judgements they should benefit from the words "take first the beam out of your eye and then the straw from your brother's eye", especially the GB.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit