Anyone experienced the private Kingdom Schools?

by Sheepish 25 Replies latest jw experiences

• Sheepish
    Sheepish

I was a teacher for the first year of a newly organized "Kingdom School", in 1977.(I was YOUNG!) This was a private school for JW's kids. It was pretty cool actually, but I don't think it lasted long. Mine was in Tucson. Were they tried anywhere else?

• Effervescent
    Effervescent

Wow, I'm actually shocked to hear such a thing existed. I lived in Oregon my whole childhood and I'm fairly certain there were none there. Good thing- I couldn't imagine how I would have turned out with NO outside socialization!

• Jourles
    Jourles

My mom sent me to one somewhere around grade 6, I think. It was in between Calvert home schooling(which I lasted for maybe half a year) and public school. Thank god I ended up back in public school.

The JW-only school that I went to was held somewhere around Spring Valley or La Mesa, CA, I don't remember which. I only went for a few months. Believe me, it was pretty lame from what I remember. And it was also held in a brother's home. Yes, in a private home. Weird, now that I recall.

• MetricRX
    MetricRX

Good god...

No. Poor little bastards. Sad.

• clear2c
    clear2c

I attended a jw school (TFE Trouble free education) during the 70's in southern california.

• in a new york bethel minute
    in a new york bethel minute

i remember a friend of mine went to one in arizona back in the late 80's or early 90's... they seemed to like it... then again, they were about 10-13... BEFORE all the fun of highschool starts

bethel

• misanthropic
    misanthropic

Sheepish- There was a Witness school here where I live in Tucson my ex went to when he was growing up. I bet it's the same school. It's near the Kingdon hall off of like Romero and Wetmore Rd, somewhere near that anyway.

LOL what's funny was that my parents would threaten to enroll us there if we didn't behave in public school. But with some of the things I pulled I realized those were just idle threats.

• Darth Yhwh
    Darth Yhwh

This is news to me. Never heard of it.

• kid-A
    kid-A

Yikes!!! What a horrifying thought!! Like those Islamic Madrassas in Pakistan!! LOL

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

Poor kids! They're not supposed to be "part of the world" so they go to almost any extreme to isolate them. What you end up with is a group of people who have no idea how to interact in the real world, which is where they're going to have to live one day. What next? Will they chain their kids in basements to protect them from "Satan's world"?

W

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit