So as i'm leaving the house this morning...

by stillconcerned 37 Replies latest jw friends

• stillconcerned
    stillconcerned

...two ladies park at the entrance of my driveway (thereby blocking my egress), get out of their mommi-van, and approach me smiling.

I don't know either of them.

The elder gal asks me if I'd be interested in learning what will happen 'in the end times'.

I am dressed for the courtroom, carrying a bunch of documents related to litigation against the Watchtower in California and Texas. When i turn to respond, several of my draft documents slide out of my daytimer and (spat!) on the driveway. The younger gal stoops to pick them up for me, while i open my car to throw the rest of my stuff inside.

She sees the heading and looks at me, still smiling, trying to figure what's up.

The older ladie gets a strange look on her face and hustles the young girl OUTA there.

(needn't share the same air longer than necessary...)

It was weird, but made me sad, especially for the young girl.

Weird. It was my first ever 'service' call....

(But hopefully I'm now off the 'call back later' list, doncha think?)

Kimberlee d.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

They'll probably mark you down as a "do not call".

W

• Apostanator
    Apostanator

It is sad....Too bad for the young girl. Hopefully she won't doing the door to door work when she gets to be the older gals age.

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie
    She sees the heading and looks at me, still smiling, trying to figure what's up.

The older ladie gets a strange look on her face and hustles the young girl OUTA there.

Kimberlee, sounds like the younger woman may have food for thought now. Sometimes those "unforeseen circumstances" can work out for the best (re: the papers falling in front of her face).....

Frannie

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

LOL, Kimberlee. They probably had no idea who they were fated to encounter that morning.

I would have gone ballistic the moment they blocked my driveway, insisting with politely profound profanity that they get their #$%#ing van out of my #$%#ing driveway before I shove their #$%#ing New World Translations up their #$%#ing #$%#es, suck their #$%#ing eyeballs out of their #$%#ing heads and sever their #$%#ing brainstems.

... without fava beans OR a fine chianti!

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

That's just too funny!!!

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie
    I would have gone ballistic the moment they blocked my driveway, insisting with politely profound profanity that they get their #$%#ing van out of my #$%#ing driveway before I shove their #$%#ing New World Translations up their #$%#ing #$%#es, suck their #$%#ing eyeballs out of their #$%#ing heads and sever their #$%#ing brainstems.

ROFL, Nathan! Don't be timid now, Nathan. Tell us what you REALLY would have done.

Frannie

• Apostanator
    Apostanator

Nathan, that's too #$%#ing funny.

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

Nathan, too funny!!

It's good she saw those papers. Excellent food for thought.

• Jourles
    Jourles

I am always impressed at how Jehovah timely provides angelic direction for the preaching work in these last days.

Praise Jah you people!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit