HELP ME!

by theguy 14 Replies latest jw friends

• jgnat
    jgnat

I am guessing theguy is writing a paper for school. Hey, guy, are you writing about any other religions?

• stevenyc
    stevenyc

1.Sacred Writings

Officially, The Bible. - But, explained too them. Here's how it goes:

They have their own bible, altered to fit their teachings. They NEVER teach from the bible, but use guide books written for them, or bi-monthly magazines (primarily The Watchtower) to explains what 'the bible' is teaching. Those publication are sacrosanct. If ANYONE speaks out against the teachings of those publication, without retraction, they will be dis-communicated (known as disfellowshiping), where they will be ostracized by their family and friends.

2.Holidays and Rituals (dates if possible) :

The memorial. This is Easter. They celebrate the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ using the old calendar date of Nisan 14. However there's more. There are rituals within their congregation. They have a dress code which must be adhered to. Of there five meetings a week, if you choose to only attend one or two, you are breaking a ritual, and will be counselled, and marked. No females my preach, unless there are absolutely no baptised males available, and them only with their head covered. No female may give a prey for the same reason. When they prey, each prayer must be ended with "In/Trough Jesus Christ, Amen.

3.Where do Jehovah's Witnesses meet to perform religious ceremonies.

Their local churches are known as Kingdom Halls. The sizes vary from seating capacity of around 80 to 150. The Halls can be rented from someone, but usually are owned. The Watchtower corporation usually deals with the loans for the local congregations to pay for either buying a suitable building, or constructing a new one. The corporation owns this building. Note: of all the religions in the USA, the Jehovah's Witnesses are low down on the list for followers, but number 12 on the list for owning the most churches.

4.Who is the god?

The same God of Abreham. They do not believe in a trinity. They believe Jesus was the first angel, and created the universe with Jehovah using the Holy Spirit (Active Force / Magic Power).

5.What do you think about life after death?

I think we just die, however, Jehovah's Witnesses believe this:

From the ramblings of Revelation, they take one number 144000 as a LITERAL number of people, since the death of Christ, to go to heaven. The number was sealed in the thirties, so no more people could join the 144000. They believe only around 8000 of these 144000 people remain, and they are referred to as 'the remnant' or 'The Faithful and Discrete Slave'(FDS). The 8 to 16 central belief writers, are based in Brooklyn, NY, and are of this remnant guided by the Holy Spirit. They are known as the Governing Body. Technically, any of the FDS are guided by Holy Spirit, direct from Jesus and Jehovah, however, if any of the FDS outside of the Governing Body should descent, they would be removed. Those FDS people are the only people who have a relationship with Christ. Everyone else can only have a relationship with Jehovah, through Christ, through the FDS.

• kid-A
    kid-A

1.Sacred Writings : Several thousand recycled books, millions of propaganda leaflets and magazines written by a band of senile old farts in brooklyn NY. Suitable for toilet paper.

2.Holidays and Rituels (dates if possible) : An imaginary date is selected each year for their own version of the Catholic Mass called "the memorial" (TM)

3.Where do Jehovah's Witnesses meet to perfrom religious ceremonies.: In blandly coloured, windowless boxes called "Kingdumb Halls"

4.Who is the god? : The Watchtower Bible and Tract Society Incorporated. The puppeteer presently pulling gods strings is named "Ted Jaracz"

5.What do you think about life after death? There is only death after death. Amen.....

• toby888
    toby888

It's not a religion, it is a dangerous cult under the guise of one. The "Bible Study" program is not study with critical thinking: it is indoctrination, and if you are not careful they will try to suck you in. They believe in demons and that demons can possess inanimate articles. They will try to alienate you from society by convincing you that all the holidays and voting are wrong. They believe that evolution is a "demon-inspired teaching". They discourage higher education because the org knows that as soon as a person has a chance to know the facts they will leave the cult. People like me who were in the cult and left are shunned by everybody who is still "a beliver" in my case even my oldest son and grandchildren.Ultimately their goal is to convert you and enslave you to their own repression for their own gratification and status in the congregation. They will never tell you about shunning, etc. until they believe you have been sufficiently isolated from your family and humanity at large. They hope you will become emotionally attached to their congregation by love bombing, etc. in the hopes you will sweep lingering doubts under the carpet and join in.

Warning: Their teachings are laced with guilt and phobia implantations. The meetings are repetitive indoctrination sessions. So keep your distance, better yet, stay totally clear of them and just take it from many of us here in the forum, like me, an ex-JW having been one for 13 years.

• daystar
    daystar
    I think Legolas has answered this even MORE succinctly!

*sniff* Ok, you win.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit