Suppose The Watctower is Sucessfull in Shutting Down Quotes Site.

by Apostanator 12 Replies latest jw friends

• dezpbem
    dezpbem
    How do you download the whole site? can it be put on cd

Carla, it depends on the site. Some are small enough to fit on cd. Large ones need to go on your HD. Go to download.com and search for httrack. That's the name of a free program that copies websites. I can't remember the name of the other programs I know that do it. I'll try to recall. Httrack is free.

Dez

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

They do not know it yet, but if the WT does succeed in shutting down Quotes site, they will send a signal that will launch a dozen and more sites of a similar nature in an instant. If they understood the first thing about the nest they are stirring a pine tree into they would realize that a site like Quotes is far more innocuous than the ones caused to arise if they kill it.

They should fear a multi-lingual Wiki style Watchtower quotes site, where editors don't have to wait for one person to find time to make additions and where commentary can be added and edited freely. Far greater audience, far more impact. Why hasn't it been done? Quotes already exists. Who would put that much effort into something that already exists in a form that is near enough?

They should fear some enterprising young group of ex-JW tech-jockeys setting up mirrored server farms putting up Conventions caught on digital video. If you reduce the attendance at Conventions by delivering it in digital format and spike the page with links to interesting sites you can catch the tech-literate who don't care enough to go to the Convention in person. If you catch Convention speakers in outright lies (an easy thing to do, inaccuracy of statement is not uncommon) you weaken the confidence of the listeners.

They should fear ex-JWs who are becoming professionals looking at their abuse of Quotes as cause for lobbying government against Governing Body interests, researching the bOrg, starting grass-roots information campaigns, writing unfavorable legal opinions, etc.

But things like this don't dawn on them until it is too late. When they stir the nest they only invite us to poke more Internet holes in the bottom of the Organizational sieve. I beg them not to let up in applying pressure from the top so the finest materials drain out the bottom.

What does the Watchtower Society fear most? Its own history. They don't want the rank and file finding out when certain doctrines were first decided on. They don't want the rank and file to know there was much greater difference between now and the early days than just the views of pagan celebrations. They don't want the stories told of the illegal seizure of control by Rutherford after Russell's death.

I hope they continue to hide their sins while sticking their foot on the necks of their "brothers." I hope they cut off their brother's air so that he must struggle to breathe. Because when he reaches that point he will find fresh air. He will leave. Like the Pharisees, they are their own worst enemy.

And that's my one post for the day.

AuldSoul

• Ianone
    Ianone

Quotes and Apostanator: I will personally start up a website mirroring quotes if they shut you down. People should mirror your site anyways, incase they cease your hard drive.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit