Suppose The Watctower is Sucessfull in Shutting Down Quotes Site.

by Apostanator 12 Replies latest jw friends

• Apostanator
    Apostanator

What would prevent us from using the same information that Quotes currently uses to open up our own site? The Watchtower would come after us and we may possibly have to close it down, then someone else could open another one up. We could have a field day !! The Watchtower could chase one site and then another one would pop-up. We could repeat this over and over again and drive their asses crazy.

• void
    void

Well I will always host it, it could be even hosted on freenet and never closed down(but its terribly slow)
    It could be hosted in Russia, I dont think the russian government would give a shit about their cause.

A few of us could easily set up a mirrored network.

• jstalin
    jstalin

I've already downloaded the whole site in case that happens...

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

It would be the tip of the iceberg and MUST NOT happen. It would threaten free speech

• coolhandluke
    coolhandluke
    It would threaten free speech

Thats the stupid thing. The quotes website has no commentary. There is no speech to protect. The Watchtower Society is just paranoid that people will actually stop taking their word for history and actually discover the past on their own... then VOMIT like I did

• Gerard
    Gerard

Quotes' contents should be simultaneously hosted by dozens of web sites stationed in many countries. True, they may intimidate and close a couple but the WT can't fight the internet.

The catalist hit the fan.

• Frog
    Frog

i'd like to say their claims are entirely baseless, but they seem to be on good advice that they've got a chance at sueing for punitive damages. it really is completely crap that they want to dissolve a site that merely replicates completely context their very own work! Obviously the wt.quotes site is a real thorn in their side, why else would they risk going after Peter for it. x

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

Since they work in countries where they are banned, surely they know there is such a thing as the underground. Do they actually think that they will succeed?

• carla
    carla

How do you download the whole site? can it be put on cd? thanks

• Darth Yhwh
    Darth Yhwh
    I've already downloaded the whole site in case that happens...

Well at least now I know who to PM in order to obtain WT quotes if the site does indeed shut down (other than blondie of course).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit