WT AGAINST GOING INTO EMERGENCY SHELTERS???

by stillAwitness 6 Replies latest social current

• stillAwitness
    stillAwitness

In the Sunday Talk the brother was saying how the Society has given the brothers loving counsel against going into what are called "emergency shelters" during disasters and instead follow Society's direction instead. Then he used what happend in the SuperDome during Hurricane Katrina to bring this point home and even pointed out many brothers did not follow this counsel and as a result had to suffer in the SuperDome with all that was going on.

Is this true? The WT frowns on using public shelters during emergencies? When I lived in Fla me and my family went to my school for shelter (the KH was used as a shelter also) I've never heard such a thing. Why are they trying to control everything!!! I am getting really irritated with the damn Society. I think they are all really deranged!

• kid-A
    kid-A

Follow the Society's directions?? What directions?? Put on a pair of lead underwear, bend over and kiss your ass good-bye??

I dont recall ever receiving "holy" instructions from the JWS !!! LOL.....

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

control baby, it's all about control. And we can't have jehovah's people miggling with the worldly folks, now can we? That just aint right!

• No Apologies
    No Apologies

Its because there is $$$$ involved. That's why they were sneaking in to the Red Cross shelters and puling JWs out- somehow they get money for each victim they put up.

Of course, its the local JWs who will be feeding, clothing and sheltering the victims, while the Org. collects the dough. Sweet, huh?

No Apologies

• TopHat
    TopHat
    Of course, its the local JWs who will be feeding, clothing and sheltering the victims, while the Org. collects the dough. Sweet, huh?

I realized that long ago....It's a SCAM.....

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

First they tell you what hotels you're allowed to use at conventions, and now this.

They didn't do anything to help a sisterâ„¢ I knew who lost her home due to illness and subsequent unemployment. The elders refused to offer any help. She eventually went to a womens shelter and no one has heard from her since.

W

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

before i quit attending meetings it was mentioned at one meeting that members should never come to kingdom halls in times of emergency , reason given was that insurance wouldnt allow it..

dont go to KH , dont go to shelters, what are jw's supposed to do?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit