Has Depression & Anger Lessened Since You've Stopped Attending Meetings?

by minimus 25 Replies latest jw friends

• greendawn
    greendawn

It's the stress of serving a "God" that is never satisfied with what you do plus the supposed definite proximity of a (jw style) armageddon, an idea however that is now going out.

When I left in the 1980's I had some lingering doubts that got cleared up in the mid nineties with the arrival of the internet. But after leaving and entering a more natural lifestyle everything eventually fell in place.

• delilah
    delilah

Ditto what Greendawn said.......

• Berean
    Berean

I'm off my anti-depressants. I think that pretty much says it all.

• Berean
  • misspeaches
    misspeaches

So much. Depression was why I stopped going. When I identified the meetings/witnessing etc as the cause of my depression I eliminated them from my life. I don't ever want to end up on meds like my mother is.

I am so happy now. Life has so much meaning. Slowly but surely I am discovering who I am. And I love it.

• Soledad
    Soledad
    Once you learn to get over your guilt, you can exorcise the Watchtower demons.

this is so true and it's something I only learned fairly recently!

when I first left, I thought "great, no more meetings and field service YAHOO!"

I didn't realize how affected my thought proceses were and how long it would take for me to really be "free!"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit