DEMON POSSESSED FURNITURE!

by banished1 22 Replies latest jw friends

• banished1
    banished1

I was antique crazy years ago. Used to go to all the sales I could. I went to an estate sale and fell head over heels for a large ornate brass bed. The price was negotiable and I got her down to a wonderful price!
    We got to talking and found we were both Witnesses. She then announced she could not sell me the bed!
    She said her mom was a spiritist and had dreams upon the bed and she felt the bed had spirits attached to it. She refused to sell me the bed. She said it would bother her conscience.

@#$%&*!!!!!!

It took a long time to get over that experience. I would see the sister at assemblies and sulk.

Do you think the bed had problems?
    Could the bed have caused my life some trouble? She seemed to think so.

I have oodles of antiques and have no problems in my house. Another sister I knew bought and sold bazzillions of antiques and her house was filled with them.....no problem.

What do you think?
    Could antiques or the previous possessions belonging to spiritists bring the demons into your life?

• Legolas
    Legolas

Let's just say the bed did have demons, and she knew it...She is NOT suppose to sell it to 'anyone'.

Just like I was suppose to throw out all my xmas stuff and not pass it on to anyone.

• kid-A
    kid-A

Ah, the good old demon haunted world of the JWs! I remember it well!

To answer the question, no. Demons are psychological constructs and/or fantasies used by religion to keep brainwashed followers in fear of supernatural boogey men.

There is as much likelihood of furniture being 'demonized' as there is the tooth fairy leaving a quarter on your pillow or Santa Claus coming down the chimney. All fairy tales....

• banished1
    banished1

Your christmas stuff?

• googlemagoogle
    googlemagoogle

my computer is demon-posessed. it just keeps rebooting without reason. i'll conduct an exorcism tonight.

• sir82
    sir82

I've never understand this kind of thinking.

OK, suppose I'm a demon. I have superhuman strength. I am evil beyond words. I am made of the same "stuff" as the angel that killed 185,000 Assyrians in one night, and I want nothing better than to torment and kill God's true worshippers.

So what do I do with all this power and malicious intent?

I hang around a brass bed, hoping someone buys it, so I can...what? Tickle their toes in the middle of the night?

• Legolas
    Legolas

Yes...When we started going to meetings she said that I would have to throw out all my xmas stuff now! ( I bought it all new the year before..I spent over $600.00 on the stuff, and now I have to buy it all again!)

• banished1
    banished1

Do they realize how much those large artificial trees cost now?????

• banished1
    banished1

Legolas, $600????? Ouch!! Oh well, they do have better Christmas stuff every year.

• funkyderek
    funkyderek
    Could antiques or the previous possessions belonging to spiritists bring the demons into your life?

No, of course not. Demons are imaginary and therefore have no power over people who don't believe in them. Unfortunately, people who do believe in them can become obsessed and begin blaming any problems they have on their invisible enemies. This can stop people dealing with real problems, including mental illness.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit