MICHAEL, Jesus or someone else?

by cyberguy 15 Replies latest watchtower bible

• ellderwho
    ellderwho

Cyberguy,

The question has to be asked if Michael is Jesus, would be, what happend to Michael when Jesus was on earth?

The follow up would be what came down from heaven?

• clear2c
  • Hellrider
    Hellrider

Jesus is not Michael, he is The Word. The word became flesh. If Jesus was Michael, then we`d have an archangel, also known as "the word", who was with God in the beginning,was fully God, and who created everything in our world. Then the word, aka Michael the archangel came to earth as Jesus. Also known as the Messiah. So Jesus is the Messiah, is Michael, is the word... that is just absurd! The "Jesus is Michael"-part of JW-doctrine, is the stupidest part of the whole religion.

• inquirer
    inquirer

Now I have to readjust my doctrines again!!!!!!!!!!

Carl Ollofson said the man riding the white horse in Revelation was not Jesus but an anonymous rider too!!! Oooh!!! It hurts my head too much!

• buffalosrfree
    buffalosrfree

I find it hard to believe that anyone would believe that Jesus is also Michael the arkangel or arcangel I mean get real. Haven''t you ever watch old western movies, Does the leadr of the calvary also become the bugler blower because he attacks at the sound or with the sound of the bugle?// I mean come on lets use some common sense here.

• RevFrank
    RevFrank

7th Day Adventists..some say Jesus is Michael...And Russell when he left the SDA he incorporated the Michael/Jesus thing, yet there is no proof that that Neither are each other. So the watchtower says that Jesus is the fallen angel in Revelation too. Apolyn or Abaddon. In which there is no direct proof of that either.

Yet there is more proof of the watchtower is of the antichrist then any other means. And I know as a fact that if the watchtower supported the theory of evolution so would many of JWs would want to support that.

And the watchtower teaches that you have to come to them in order to be saved, too.

Salvation by Christ is different then WT salvation....................

km 11/90 Page . 1 Directing Bible Students to Jehovah's Organization

1 Bible students need to get acquainted with the organization of the "one flock" Jesus spoke about at John 10:16. They must appreciate that identifying themselves with Jehovah's organization is essential to their salvation. (Rev. 7:9, 10, 15) Therefore, we should start directing our Bible students to the organization as soon as a Bible study is established.

One needn't need an organization..........

Watchtower 9/15/1993 Page. 22

They Compassionately Shepherd the Little Sheep

(4) Like sheep that get injured, some Christians have been hurt by what they perceive to be offensive conduct. Yet, if we are forgiving toward others, our heavenly Father will grant us needed forgiveness. (Colossians 3:12-14; 1 Peter 4:8) Some brothers or sisters may have received counsel or discipline that they felt was unjust. However, all of us can benefit from spiritual counsel and discipline, and it is comforting to know that Jehovah disciplines those for whom he has love. (Hebrews 12:4-11) Because they have not been given privileges of service for which they feel qualified, others have allowed resentment to create a rift between them and the congregation. But if we were to draw away from Jehovah's organization, there would be no place else to go for salvation and true joy.

There's always Christ to go too............

The Watchtower says:

"show our respect for Jehovah's organization, for she is our mother and the beloved wife of our heavenly Father, Jehovah God." (The Watchtower - May 1, 1957)

"Put faith in a victorious organization." (The Watchtower - March 1, 1979)

"come to Jehovah's organization for salvation." (The Watchtower - November 15, 1981)

"...stay by the faithful organization. How else can one get Jehovah's favor and blessing." (The Watchtower - July 15, 1996)

"gratitude for each and every blessing that we undeservedly receive from Jehovah and his organization." (The Watchtower - February 15, 1997

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Neither is there salvation in any other;for there is none other name under heaven given among men whereby we must be saved."(Acts 4:12}

"Wherefore God also has highly exalted Him and given Him a name which is above every name,That are the name of Jesus every knee should bow of things in heaven,and things in the earth,and things under the earth.And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord,to the glory of God the Father."(Philippians 2:9-11)

Romans 10:8-12,is good too.So the Watchtower has no authority to save..................

Salvation

Salvation..."how shall we escape if we neglect so great a salvation,which at the first began to be spoken by the LORD,and was confirmed to us by those who heard HIM."[Hebrews 2:3]

Even in hebrews we see and hear of salvation.We seem to have the need for a Savior.

"Nor is there salvation in any other,for there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved."[Acts 4:12]

"Therefore GOD also has highly exalted HIM and given HIM a name which is above every name,that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow,of those in heaven,and of those on earth,and of those under the earth,and that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is LORD,to the glory of GOD the Father."[Philippians 2:9-11]

This tells us that we must come to Jesus for this salvation.But where to and how?

"But what does it say?'The word is near you,in your mouth and in your heart'that is,the word of faith which we preach;that if you confess with your mouth the LORD Jesus and believe in your heart that GOD has raised HIM from the dead,you will be saved.For with the heart one believes unto rightousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation

.For the scriptures says,'Whoever believes in HIM will not be put to shame.'For there is no distinction between JUew and Greek,for the same LORD over all is rich to all who call upon HIM.For "whoever calls on the name of the LORD shall be saved."[Romans 10:9-13]

Simple is it not?Since we see that we need a Savior so we should cling to HIM like glue.And to love HIM.And as I wondered through the scriptures I ran into a few other lines I want to bring up.Since we to believe....this one is real neat.....

"Whoever believes that Jesus is the Christ is born of GOD,and everyone who loves HIM who begot also loves him who is begotten of HIM."[1 John 5:1]

"And we know that the Son of GOD has come and has given us and understanding, that we may know HIM who is true;and we are in HIM who is true,in HIS Son Jesus Christ.This is the true GOD and eternal life."[1 John 5:20]

Can you realize that?WE,too,are born of HIM,just by beliving.Wait a sec..you say that the demons believe too?Yes they do,but does the Holy Spirit dwell in them?Nope.

"You are of GOD,little children,and have over come them,because HE who is in you is greater then he who is in the world."[1 John 4:43]Is this not great?I think so.And what is,even greater,is what Christ said about seeing the Kingdom.

"Jesus answered and said to him,'Most assuredly,I say to you,unless one is born aagain,he can not see the kingdom of GOD."[John 3:3]..Plus.......

"Jesus answered,"Most assurdly I say to you,unless one is born of water and the Spirit,he can not enter the kingdom of GOD.That which is born of flesh is flesh,and that which is born of Spirit is spirit.Do not marvel that I said to you,You must be born again.'The wind blows where it wishes,and you hear the sound of it,but can not tell where it comes from and where it goes.So is everyone who is born of the Spirit."[John 3:5-8]

GOD is rich with blessings and all you required to do is to seek out salvation that Christs` promise.

Mat 4:19 And he saith unto them, Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men.

Mat 8:19 And a certain scribe came, and said unto him, Master, I will follow thee whithersoever thou goest.

Mat 8:22 But Jesus said unto him, Follow me; and let the dead bury their dead.

Mat 9:9 And as Jesus passed forth from thence, he saw a man, named Matthew, sitting at the receipt of custom: and he saith unto him, Follow me. And he arose, and followed him.

Mat 16:24 Then said Jesus unto his disciples, If any [man] will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me.

Mat 19:21 Jesus said unto him, If thou wilt be perfect, go [and] sell that thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come [and] follow me.

Mar 2:14 And as he passed by, he saw Levi the [son] of Alphaeus sitting at the receipt of custom, and said unto him, Follow me. And he arose and followed him.

Mar 6:1 And he went out from thence, and came into his own country; and his disciples follow him.

Mar 8:34 And when he had called the people [unto him] with his disciples also, he said unto them, Whosoever will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me.

Mar 10:21 Then Jesus beholding him loved him, and said unto him, One thing thou lackest: go thy way, sell whatsoever thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come, take up the cross, and follow me.

Mar 16:17 And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;

Luk 5:27 And after these things he went forth, and saw a publican, named Levi, sitting at the receipt of custom: and he said unto him, Follow me.

Luk 9:23 And he said to [them] all, If any [man] will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow me.

Luk 9:57 And it came to pass, that, as they went in the way, a certain [man] said unto him, Lord, I will follow thee whithersoever thou goest.

Luk 9:59 And he said unto another, Follow me. But he said, Lord, suffer me first to go and bury my father.

Luk 9:61 And another also said, Lord, I will follow thee; but let me first go bid them farewell, which are at home at my house.

Luk 18:22 Now when Jesus heard these things, he said unto him, Yet lackest thou one thing: sell all that thou hast, and distribute unto the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come, follow me.

Luk 22:10 And he said unto them, Behold, when ye are entered into the city, there shall a man meet you, bearing a pitcher of water; follow him into the house where he entereth in.

Jhn 1:43 The day following Jesus would go forth into Galilee, and findeth Philip, and saith unto him, Follow me.

Jhn 10:4 And when he putteth forth his own sheep, he goeth before them, and the sheep follow him: for they know his voice.

Jhn 10:27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:

Jhn 12:26 If any man serve me, let him follow me; and where I am, there shall also my servant be: if any man serve me, him will [my] Father honour.

Jhn 13:36 Simon Peter said unto him, Lord, whither goest thou? Jesus answered him, Whither I go, thou canst not follow me now; but thou shalt follow me afterwards.

Jhn 13:37 Peter said unto him, Lord, why cannot I follow thee now? I will lay down my life for thy sake.

Jhn 21:19 This spake he, signifying by what death he should glorify God. And when he had spoken this, he saith unto him, Follow me.

Jhn 21:22 Jesus saith unto him, If I will that he tarry till I come, what [is that] to thee? follow thou me.

Now should we follow Christ?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit