End of the world----Category 7

by TopHat 13 Replies latest jw friends

• TopHat
    TopHat

Who is going to watch Category 7 on CBS tonight?

The makers of CBS' upcoming disaster miniseries Category 7: The End of the World made use of the same visual-effects software developed for the Lord of the Rings trilogy of films, visual effects supervisor Craig Weiss told SCI FI Wire.

The program is called Massive and can create believable hordes of digital people. "We are using Massive to digitize the extras, like Lord of the Rings," Weiss said. "People can be running or walking in a crowd scene and be randomized so they each won't have to be programmed in separately. What used to cost $100,000 you can now get off the shelf for about $3,000."

For Category 7, about a killer worldwide storm, the digital visual-effects team is not only filling skies with lightning and clouds, it is also destroying landmarks such as the Eiffel Tower, Mount Rushmore and the Pyramids. In one sequence, the arm of the Statue of Liberty is ripped off by a tornado, an effect accomplished with a 14-foot model on the Price Is Right stage at CBS Studios in Hollywood, Calif.

• Legolas
    Legolas

I'm going to watch! It's on in 50 minutes here!

• TopHat
    TopHat

Yep! 47 minutes and counting

• TopHat
    TopHat

The tornado that struck KY and INdiana this morning...was that an F3?

So unreal and yet real....was on all the news networks all day...

So sad to see people lose everything but a was comfort to know that the Redcross was right there and Fema was on the ball to.

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

Yep.........it's on in 17 minutes.

Later guys

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

I have to say, the commercials look pretty silly....a high-tech grade B disaster flick.

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

again, the powers that be keeping the general public at the edge of their seats in a dull, continuous, subconscious fear, expoliting some unpatched part of our ice age brains that feeds on the end of the world coming. the good humans vs. the evil disasters. and they'll also tell you why Pilsbury dough boy cookies are better than the other leading brands. and you'll buy some.

• skinnyboy
    skinnyboy

hey Josh, you into Bill Hicks too? Man i cried when he died, i reckon he was taken out by a Religious right sniper, pancreas cancer my arse...

Im gunna download this show off BitTorrent is it worth a punt? I saw the making of it on E! news the other day, i hope Brian Dennehy is in it, its not a proper B grade movie without him in it!

... to the left and back.....

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

hey skinny,

ya i love bill hicks man. GBL just introduced me to him on friday night. it was like hearing my mind up on a stage talking and ranting. it was brilliant. bill hicks has to be one of the great geniuses of late 20th century comedy and social satire

josh.

• TopHat
    TopHat

George Garlin had a live special on Friday or was it Sat. His kind of humor reminds me of the mix we have on this board. He touches all subjects of religion, politics and social behavor.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit