Ozzie's Weekend Poll #152 Why did you believe in 1914?

by ozziepost 17 Replies latest jw friends

• Undecided
    Undecided

Because my Grandma said so, and she was one of the 144,000 anointed who was going to heaven and rule with Christ.

Ken P.

• greendawn
    greendawn

As for famines on a massive scale in China and Russia they were quite frequent in the past what happened there after 1914 was nothing unusual or novel eg in China during the great famines of 1810 1811, 1846, and 1849 a total of 45 million persons perished. So the fact that 3 million died in China of famine in 1929 is nothing unusual contrary to WTS propaganda.

• Mulan
    Mulan

1. They told me, so it must be true!

2. Trust in the F&DS.

• vitty
    vitty

3. I remember being told to get my calculator out, and I could work it out myself, well wadda ya no !!!!!! Out pops 1914, I was hooked.

• kazar
    kazar

They told me so it must be true. And, I calculated from 607 BC to 1914 and yep, that was it, along with WW1!

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    I remember being told to get my calculator out, and I could work it out myself

Struth! A calculator!! What a religion is that??

• Simon
    Simon

... because the size of the great pyramid proved* that it must be true.

* to someone who had never been there, seen it or measured it and who adjusted the size to suit their prophesy !

(Have a look in the early books by Russell / Rutherford)

• in a new york bethel minute
    in a new york bethel minute

it's like spelling boobless upside-down on your calculator... you can work your way backwards, you can make up a bunch of random numbers that eventually give it to you, or you can just spell it: 55378008.

bethel

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit