Threw out my first set of Magazines!

by Nosferatu 19 Replies latest jw friends

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Hey, Nos, commendatore on your pro-active stance.

Like you and our many other like-minded brothers and sisters worldwide, I participate in the world-wide cleansing work whenever the opportunity presents itself.

"Leave no 'Tower un-hurled!"

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

klinton..................

Are you a friend of defd?

Why would you do this? It's one thing to want no part of it all...but another entirely to actively oppose thier work. I don't quite see the point.
  • blondie
    blondie

Someone had an idea to put on a label with

1-800-WHY-1914

or

1-800-WTABUSE

To direct them to someone who can really tell them truth about the WTS.

Blondie

• Double Edge
    Double Edge
    I remember going through every shelf in search of WT literature and I took every single piece I could find and pitched it. It was very cathartic after the fiasco that occured at my husband's JW funeral (that is another story).

Good for you; whatever works!

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu
    Someone had an idea to put on a label with

1-800-WHY-1914

There's not really any point in me carrying around labels since this is the first time I've seen JW literature out in the open in about ten years. I thought about putting www.freeminds.org on it, but I didn't have a pen.

I don't care if the JWs count a placement. They count placements all the time even thought the magazines end up straight in the trash.

• klinton
    klinton

Happy Dad...nope. I don't really know anyone in here...yet. I just stumbled on this place about a week ago. I'm just a little surprised at all of the 'organization bashing' that seems to go on in here. It seems that none of you have really escaped the 'truth' (heh...), and still let it influence your lives and behavior. I mean, I know it all sucks...I haven't seen my family in years (I've been DF'd for about 10 years now, and haven't heard a word from uncles and aunts, grandparents...ect.). My brother brother hates me, and doesn't speak to me (he was nine when I was kicked out of the house, and my best friend in the world at the time). My little cousin died (someone I saw every year and made solo trips in my teens to vist) and no one told me until a week after the funeral. I wasn't invited to my granfather's funeral...I never saw either of them again. There have been times where I've felt painfully alone in this world. I have trouble understanding my boyfriend's close relationship with his parents which causes nothing but strife between us. And the list can go on... But I'm luckier than some in this world...and I'm not about to make my lot in life worse by railing against the forces that took so much from me. What end does that serve? What does that do for me? It's like racists or homophobes who spend so much time hating thier target group, that they become more wrapped up in it than people who are actually of that group. Why? Why hate something so much? Spend that energy on yourself and improving your lot. Just my perspective.

• klinton
    klinton

By the way...how do you quote another post? Or maintain spacing between paragraphs in here? Sorry about that last 'huge chunk-o-words'.

• blondie
    blondie

Well, it's a good idea for anyone else who reads here who might have more of an opportunity.

Watch out in hospitals, doctor's offices, laundromats.

Blondie

• Darth Yhwh
    Darth Yhwh
    1-800-WHY-1914

Priceless!

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu
    It's like racists or homophobes who spend so much time hating thier target group, that they become more wrapped up in it than people who are actually of that group.

It only took me about 15 seconds to thow out those magazines. I think it was 15 seconds well spent. That 15 seconds may have saved someone from years wasted in a Kingdom Hall. That 15 seconds also gave me some satisfaction, since I used to have the impression that these publications from Jehovah should be treated like fine jewelry. In the end, that fine jewelry turned out to be made of cheap tin and plastic.

Spend that energy on yourself and improving your lot.

I've spent much, much more time improving myself and my life than "bashing" JWs. I don't even consider it bashing. I care more that people don't waste their lives with the WTS than JWs care that they save someone from destruction at armageddon.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit