Threw out my first set of Magazines!

by Nosferatu 19 Replies latest jw friends

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

I had to take my wife to the hospital today for a blood test. As I was waiting for her in the waiting room, I spotted a set of magazines that looked familiar. It was the Watchtower and Awake in French. Hell, I can spot those things no matter what language they're in! She comes out and I showed them to her. She immediately started laughing. So I grabbed them and threw them in the trash on the way out the door.

Damn that felt good!

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

Watch to see if they mysteriously get out of the trash somehow?

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu
    Watch to see if they mysteriously get out of the trash somehow?

Yeah, Jehovah works in mysterious ways getting his word spread. I should've wiped my ass with them first.

• klinton
    klinton

Why would you do this? It's one thing to want no part of it all...but another entirely to actively oppose thier work. I don't quite see the point.

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu
    Why would you do this? It's one thing to want no part of it all...but another entirely to actively oppose thier work.

It's their work which has caused a lot of damage to me and many other people throughout the world. The evidence is here on this board.

The JWs seem to enjoy preying on people who are going through difficult times in their life. My mother-in-law was furious when she recieved a tract in the mail after her mother died. The emergency room in a hospital is just another way of preying on the weak. I think it's disgusting.

• mariposa
    mariposa

That's good to hear!

I'm trying to figure out how to get rid of all the books I have...

It'll be one heavy garbage bag

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

You should get what I got... a fire pit! The fun part is watching all the deeminz come out of the fire when you throw a Revelation book in there.

• lola28
    lola28

Why did you do that, when I need back issues?

• Periodic Bedlam
    Periodic Bedlam

Five years ago my husband died after being in hospice care for 6 months. The hospice had a great couseling department with a large library of books on grief and berevement for all age groups, relationships, and types of illness & death. Anyone could check out the books if they wanted to. I found lots of JW literature on the shelves. I remember going through every shelf in search of WT literature and I took every single piece I could find and pitched it. It was very cathartic after the fiasco that occured at my husband's JW funeral (that is another story).

Any time I find JW literature, where ever it may be, I always pitch it.

• Undecided
    Undecided

It just gives them more room to put more literature back in it's place and count it on their time slip.

Ken P.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit