NAILING DOWN the fraud of John 1:1 by demonstration

by TerryWalstrom 62 Replies latest watchtower bible

• jhine
    jhine

Well I will say " thank you Terry "  really interesting .You can't fault the blokes enthusiasm can you? 

Jan 

• jhine
    jhine

Wonderment , I am trying and failing to get my head around your argument . In the sentence " murderer was the man " is man the subject and if so.does that nullify your argument? . Can someone who knows help with this cus all this head scratching is producing a !ot of splinters.

Jan 

• TD
    TD

In the sentence " murderer was the man " is man the subject and if so.does that nullify your argument?

"Man" is the subject.  "Murderer" is functioning adjectivally and therefore gets the indefinite article (...this man is a murderer.) 

The argument vis-a-vis John 1:1 is that "Word" is the subject and "God" is functioning adjectivally

• TerryWalstrom
    TerryWalstrom

Compare the Mounce (Bible gateway) and the online version sourced Textus Receptus

http://www.scripture4all.org/OnlineInterlinear/Greek_Index.htm

• jhine
    jhine

Thanks guys 

Jan

• TD
    TD

Terry:

The only translation on earth worse than the NWT is the Concordant Literal Version.

• TerryWalstrom
    TerryWalstrom

Is that online, TD?

• TD
    TD

Is that online, TD?

Yes. 

Concordant Publishing Concern

The second interlinear you posted from above is actually the CLT. An interlinear is hard to screw up (And even the JW interlinear is actually not bad..) so you don't really notice the awfulness with the interlinear. 

Oddly enough one of the five directors named in C.T. Russell's will (F. H. Robison).was also pals with Adolph Knoch,  so there is at least a casual connection between the Russellites and the Concordant Publishing Concern. 

• Clambake
    Clambake

I think when you read the book of John it becomes pretty clear what the intent of the author is. 

Now you read the old testament and see the plurality of god and how people can’t see the face of god and live , yet people have seen “ the angel of the lord “ who is identified as god and being with god. “ No one has seen the father, only the begotten son “.

Somehow Jesus and his father co-existed as Jehovah of the old testament.

• myelaine
    myelaine
    Wasn't the professor trying to make the point that no translations should say "and the Word was God"...a literal translation is "and God was the Word" and that is what both the W&H and the KJ should say?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit