Armeggedon new light?

by Cellist 18 Replies latest jw friends

• Cellist
    Cellist

Mary, This person is one of those "forever" studies. On again, off again, never coming to baptism. Doing just enough to stay firmly perched on the fence. Using both sides when needed. This person actually counselled us on how to be a spiritual person.

Erich, maybe that's why the rumour was appealling to her. She's not baptized.

Cellist

• blondie
    blondie
    No. That is no relevant JW- teaching now. Absolutely sure. No rumor;-)

Erich, do you have proof in a recent WT publication? Verbal statements by individual JWs in private or on the platform are not acceptable. Where in writing has the WT organization said that recently, that other than developmentally disabled adults and minor children, that unbaptized people, non-JWs, will survive the destruction at Armageddon. The WTS has taught for years that the mark mentioned in Ezekiel 9 is baptism as one of Jehovah's Witnesses. Ezekiel 9 shows that all people without that mark will be destroyed, men, women and children. Minor children will be judged by the mark or lack of on their parent(s).

If unbaptized people will survive, who will they be, what will be the basis of their being allowed to survive? Please only use WT publication quotes to answer these questions.

Blondie

• willyloman
    willyloman
    It's a backwoods congregation in a backwoods area.

You mean, Armageddon Okies? (ask GaryBuss)...

• Cellist
    Cellist

Willy, Similar, but wrong country.

Cellist

• Sam the Man
    Sam the Man

Blondie,

I do not know you but your continual expert analysis and disection of WT material is of great gain to many in the ex JW world, myself included. With you on board, how can they possibly try to pull a fast one again?

Many thanks for all you do,

All the best, Sam.

• Scully
    Scully

Erich

How do you explain this current (December 1, 2005, p 6) Watchtower article that says that Jehovah has the right to exterminate anyone who does not accept The Truthâ„¢ the way that a responsible homeowner has the right to exterminate "pests" from their home?

This is the text of the quote, in case the scan is not available at a later time:

Those who respond favorably to the good news can survive Armageddon and live forever in perfection on a paradise earth. (Ezekiel 18:23, 32; Zephaniah 2:3; Romans 10:13) Is this not what one would expect from a God who is love? - 1 John 4:8.

Can a God of Love Fight?

Many wonder, however, why a God who is the very embodiment of love would inflict death and destruction on much of humankind. The situation might be compared to that of a pest-infested house. Would you not agree that a conscientious homeowner should safeguard the health and well-being of his family by exterminating the pests?

Similarly, it is because of Jehovah's deep affection for humans that the battle of Armageddon has to be fought. God's purpose is to make the earth a paradise and to elevate mankind to perfection and peace, with "no one making them tremble." (Micah 4:3, 4; Revelation 21:4) What, then, is to be done with those who threaten the peace and security of their fellow humans? God must eliminate such "pests" - the incorrigibly wicked - for the sake of the righteous ones. - 2 Thessalonians 1:8, 9; Revelation 21:8.

alt

• Erich
    Erich

blondie

as far as I know - and I am an active JW - they say only those people, who FIGHT against Jehovah, will be destroyed in armageddon. The official website of the WTS says to the question "Do they (the JW`s) believe that they are the only ones who will be saved?" simply: NO. (That is something;-)

I think this makes a big different. But I will do investigations - maybe you are right;-)

E.

• Erich
    Erich

scully

thanks for submitting this article.

Nearly the same as I`d posted to blondie.. I do not believe that a true and loving god will destroy a person only for the reason he is no JW, or worse: only because he is no baptized JW.. this thinking is paranoid in my opinion...

E.

• Cellist
    Cellist

Erich, Although, like yourself, I never accepted that ALL non-JWs would be destroyed. The vast majority of JWs do think that everyone that is not an ACTIVE, baptized JW will be destroyed. (With the exception of minor children). This was the teaching from the platform, in both talks and magazines, all the time that I was an active JW. In fact. The majority of the congregation feared for their life if they even missed a few meetings. You were only as good as your last time slip.

Cellist

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit