Comments You Will Not Hear at the 11-6-05 WT Study (Judgment)

by blondie 24 Replies latest watchtower bible

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother
    In 1919, Jehovah's anointed servants were set free from the bondage of Babylonish doctrines and practices,which have dominated peoples and nations for millenniums

So says para 16... I always thought that the teaching was that the release of the directors from prison was the sign of Bab the G's "falling", not the changes that had taken place in doctrine - which as Blondie points out were not true anyway.

WT 1966 p311 - 312

"Great was the rejoicing of the clergymen, especially those of Christendom, at the captivity of Jehovah’s Christian witnesses, and they would have delighted to see the captivity continue forever so that the work of proclaiming the Kingdom message in the earth would be dead. But what a surprise they experienced! They overlooked the fact that the Greater Cyrus, Jesus Christ, was now reigning on Mount Zion with all power in heaven and in earth. With the suddenness of the fall of the ancient city Babylon, which formidable and supposedly impregnable city was taken in one night by Cyrus of Persia, the tables were turned. In March of 1919 the prison doors were forced open to Jehovah’s witnesses by order of the Federal Court of Appeals and the charges for which they had been incarcerated were shown to be false. The eight prominent agents of the Society were completely exonerated.

What had happened? Well, Babylon the Great had not been destroyed, just as ancient Babylon remained intact when Cyrus took her. But she had now absolutely lost power to hold her captives. From now on all who were worshipers of Jehovah as well as those under her domination who desired to worship Jehovah could come out and freely worship him with spirit and truth."

Am I just out of date or is this a change in a doctrine that is fundamentally flawed anyway?

• garybuss
    garybuss

The Watchtower magazine has been turned into a club for the slave to beat their fellow slaves with. I see why the Society quit subscriptions of this magazine to the general public.

• banished1
    banished1

The question was raised "who is supplying you with magazines?" This is valid as the rest of us are denied access to them without going to the Kingdom Hall.

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC
    Why does the WTS sidestep that the "image" is the UN?

*insert clapping smilely face*

I wonder what the witnesses would think if they knew we had our own watchtower study every sunday?

• blondie
    blondie

Banished, I am not DF'd or DA'd. If I were, I doubt that JWs would be supplying me with the magazines. But since I'm not DF'd or DA'd, they feel it will encourage me and perhaps I might come back if I read the magazines. For every "rule" the WTS has, there is a way around it.

This is valid as the rest of us are denied access to them without going to the Kingdom Hall.
  • blondie
    blondie

Further comments

• blondie
    blondie

Bluesbrother, thanks for connecting the dots for us. Also, I think that the WTS is think of literal captivity and spiritual captivity. Either way it was the arrogance of Rutherford and the very unneutral passages in the Finished Mystery that got them into prison in the first place.

Jgnat,

the WTS has been playing the following song since 1963 in my memory.
    Hubby's giving me grief over paragraphs 17 and 18 this week. He figures Babylon is gonna get her own very soon now

How long ago was that…32 years…and religion is just as strong if not stronger than ever. The WTS rarely mentions that "waters drying up" any more. It would bring too much attention to the "waters drying up" in the WTS.

GaryB,

The Watchtower magazine has been turned into a club for the slave to beat their fellow slaves with. I see why the Society quit subscriptions of this magazine to the general public.

I wouldn’t be surprised. I always failed to offer any WTs that had articles especially offensive to non-JWs.

The Floggings Will Continue Until Morale Improves

IP,

some do attend here, active JWs with an attitude of course. For others who happen here, it would scare them sxxxless.
    I wonder what the witnesses would think if they knew we had our own watchtower study every sunday?

Blondie

• willyloman
    willyloman

Blondie, you perform a valuable public service with this annotated version of the WT study.

Each time I review on of these commentaries, I am astounded at how manipulative and disingenuous the WTS is in its writings. They can say with a perfectly straight face: "Jesus said the end would come unexpectedly," while every person who reads these words knows full well the WTS has been insisting its followers should "expect" the end on very many dates over the past 120 years. Indeed, this very article is a warning to be in expectation of the end coming "soon."

It's all doubletalk and the average dub will swallow it whole.

• xjwms
    xjwms

Another great job

Par one got me into a LOL

Thief.

• in a new york bethel minute
    in a new york bethel minute

this was one of the most thorough "comments you will not hear..." that i have ever read. i liked how in-depth you got about every little detail... you must have put a lot of work into this weeks (and every week)...

THANKS A LOT BLONDIE!

bethel

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit