Does anyone else find this strange?

by RedhorseWoman 14 Replies latest jw friends

• RedhorseWoman
    RedhorseWoman

Jokemyster, yes, my husband is, technically, a Witness. However, he never really went through much of an indoctrination. They were really eager to get baptismal candidates, and he knew I wouldn't date him unless he was baptised, so he had only three studies in the Truth book....and no questions....before he got baptised.

They were thrilled in the congregation. Six months after first learning the "truth" they had another convert. Problem was, my husband never really understood the implications of baptism.

When he finally decided, after years of inactivity, that he wanted to really get involved, he started asking LOTS of questions, which made the elders extremely nervous. They interpreted it as having an attitude, whereas it was actually my husband's attempt to fully understand the points that he had never even studied prior to his baptism.

The elders searched for a reason to disfellowship, and found one in the fact that my husband had resumed smoking after he became inactive.

There, in a nutshell, is a quick overview of my JW husband. LOL

• waiting
    waiting

Hey Cat,

Anyone who does't see the blatant hypocrisy in the GB's NON ACTIONS against this girl is deliberately wearing blinders!

The WTBTS cannot - for whatever reason - do anything to that woman while she is in the public eye waving the American Flag at the Olympics - and being a Gold Medal Champion.

The WTBTS can, when the woman gets home - and is considered a has-been Olympic Champion - do what they please behind closed doors. There being no witnesses to the meetings - no one will ever know.
    All she will be, if she does not continue with winning in tennis, will be a little black sister with no authority in the congregation.

The WTBTS will not, imho, do squat - because of the bad publicity these women can do in return - if they keep winning. Just imagine for a moment the speculative headlines:

Gold Medal Olympic Champion American Black Woman is thrown out of Her Church by a Governing Body of 12 Old White Men in New York for waving the American Flag and Singing Our National Anthem, Honoring the USA.

Some people have suggested that Michael Jackson, being young, black, famous & filthy rich, could not prevail against the righteousness of the WTBTS. If memory serves me, he DA'd, was not DF'd. Besides that, he was going slightly weird.

It is a true case of Public Relations - and fearing lots of bad press. These women could stay on the tennis courts for a long, long time - giving interviews. Wouldn't do to have them bring up being df'd or da'd, and what that actually means, for another decade or so, would it.

Hypocrisy? Happens all the time to those who got the clout. Been to H20 today and read the thread under GOBSTOPPERS? Read Rick's response. If he's telling a factual truth - those who got clout, in or out of the WTBTS, can survive with style.

Hypocrisy? You bet.

waiting, with no clout

Edited by - waiting on 29 September 2000 19:27:25

• Roamingfeline
    Roamingfeline

Thanks, Waiting,

You underlined my point! I'll go read that thread at H20 in a bit.

RCat

• waiting
    waiting

Hey Cat,

Don't bother going to H20 for the thread that I pointed out - ol' Rick was pulling our collective leg.

If he's the same Rick whose the Administrator, who is a straight arrow JW, I don't appreciate his sorry ass attempt at "satire."

However, unlike Red , I can be mature and move on in my life. Rick, in general, is a nice guy. Just sucked this time.

waiting

Conscience is the inner voice which warns us that somebody may be looking. HL Mencken

Perhaps Venus doesn't have a "Bible-trained conscience?"

• Roamingfeline
    Roamingfeline
    Perhaps Venus doesn't have a "Bible-trained conscience?"

Perhaps she just knows the the GB is full of cow-dung and it's a carefully chosen way to show the hypocrites for what they are?

RCat

Edited by - Roamingfeline on 30 September 2000 2:58:12

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit