Tobby888 is now "no longer one of Jehovah's Witnesses"

by toby888 17 Replies latest jw friends

• toby888
    toby888

I finally did it. My DA letter was short and sweet, so I gave them nothing to use for potential ammunition. They announced me last night. For those of you who have read my posts, I came to the point where the slow fade was not an option. My wife threatened to "go to the Elders" unless I resumed a Family Study so I explained to them what I have learned about evolution and that there is no such thing as Demons, it is something used to make people afraid and enslave their minds, and that in my view the Bible is discredited. Earlier I worried how my son would take it. I was encouraged on this forum to have faith in him and I am so happy to say he is doing fine so far. He sees me more happy and confident now and I am sure this will be a great help for him.

With my chat with an Elder I explained to him in great detail that I am rejecting all non-falsifiable belief systems and explained Carbon 14 dating, potassium argon dating, how human remains have been reliably dated to 42,000 years BP, the gradual change of complexity of life over time as found in the fossil record, and reasons why Evolution is not a "scientific religion" but is a falsifiable model, which can be disproved with factual evidence.( to which I owe a great deal of gratitude to Talkorigins.org). I also explained about how the eye was made all wrong and so I don't buy the "Intelligent Design" arguments either. Went on to say that the faith of everyone in the hall is suspect because of the psychological coercion of shunning. Perhaps he now has something to cause him similar headaches like what I went through.

The house is now in peace because everything is done. For me the DA letter has provided peace in the house and my dear wife who is still in says I am a great guy with lots of wonderful qualities.

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

YAY! Toby, that's great! You walked away cleanly and your JW wife actually sees you as a human instead of an apostate. What a wonderful post!

Thanks for sharing!

Dave

• pratt1
    pratt1

Good for you.

It won't be easy but knowing the truth is much better for you and your family.

Good Luck!

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

Man Im proud. You DAers are taking a good stand. Dont cut them any slack. Dont let them think you left because you are weak. I see so many new people posting here and also DAs. This seems to be a definate upsurge.

s to infinity.

• daystar
    daystar

Huzzah!

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

Congrats toby!

I wish you and your family the very best.

• claytoncapeletti
    claytoncapeletti

Way to go! Another step for you towards independent thinking. Breaking away is never easy, but in the end well worth any struggles you may encounter. Free your mind to other exoplore the many possiblities life will present to you. You will learn to look at every aspect of your life differently, in a "NEW LIGHT" if you will. Embrace your fears and remember they are fears that were instilled into through a group think culture.

Best of luck to ya, Tobby888.

Clayton

"Brothers dont shake hands, brothers got to hug"

• Es
    Es

Fantastic you must feel so great.

Congrats

es

• Legolas
    Legolas

Great news!

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

Welcome to the free world!

hugs,

Annie...........who wrote a DA letter six years ago on October 11th! Thirty years was more than long enough to be an unwilling and obedient slave for the WTS!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit