"Normal"...oh you mean like you?

by wanderlustguy 20 Replies latest jw friends

• happy1975
    happy1975

Wander,

Your story sounds so familiar. I still live in the area that I grew up in and I run into old "friends" a few times a year. Last week I ran into one of my former best friends at the grocery store (remind me not to shop at THAT store anymore!) and she was all "hey, it's SO GREAT to see you!!!" (I'm a fader). I had to walk away from our brief conversation reminding myself over and over again that I like myself so much better now and that I'm so much happier. She probably thinks my life is a total train wreck since I left (since that's one of the tools that is used to keep people in), but actually the opposite is true.

Ugh, it's such a struggle, I feel ya.

BTW, I love your avatar.

-Happy

• defd
    defd

Why would he have to fix something that is directed by him?

Wander if you know His people history they have ALWAYS been in need of fixing. They were always on a rollercoaster ride. Good for awhile.................Wicked for awhile.

D.

• exjdub
    exjdub
    Wander if you know His people history they have ALWAYS been in need of fixing. They were always on a rollercoaster ride. Good for awhile.................Wicked for awhile.

And when they were wicked he made it clear that he had removed his Holy Spirit. Sometimes he showed it by allowing them to be held captive in slavery, or wander the wilderness, and sometimes he allowed them to be killed. In the end he just removed his holy spirit completely and rejected them as His Organization. So which is it for the JW's, Defd? I guess from your statements on this forum you would deem the WTBTS "wicked" and in need of fixing?? We can agree on something..."His" Organization is indeed wicked, no doubt about it, and yet you still remain. Sad.

exjdub

• defd
    defd

ex

Look if you want to have a half way decent board relationship, you need to chill. You talk about me attacking. Everything I say YOU come back with a smart comment and attack. Stop.

D.

• magoo
    magoo

.....you know, even if the 'borg needs fixin' as defd says & it has "continually" been fixed over the centuries & continues to be "fixed" in the "near" future & the "good dubs" make it thru the "great tribulation" to inherit Life Everlasting in a "paradise earth"....it will "only" be a thousand years & it will need "fixin'" again! This could go on "thru eternty", over & over& over& over.............. Of coarse only, my way of seeing it.

magoo

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

it's called debating

• daystar
    daystar
    You talk about me attacking. Everything I say YOU come back with a smart comment and attack. Stop.

Except, Derrick, ex is referring, here, to the WBTS being wicked and not to you personally. There is a difference.

• Es
    Es

all the best WLG

es

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

exJW: How do you know it is God's organization?

JW: Because, it does all the things God's organization is supposed to do.

exJW: Oh. It does? Really?

JW: Well, no. Imperfection keep it from doing all the things God's organization is supposed to do.

exJW: So, then, how do you know it is God's organization?

JW: It tries to do all the things God's organization is supposed to do.

exJW: Does it try hard?

JW: Organizations are made up of people and not everyone is the same, some of them try hard.

exJW: What do most of them do?

JW: Most of them don't really try hard, they just pretend.

exJW: So, do you think the organization should be measured by the minority who try hard or the majority who pretend to try hard?

JW: Well, they can only pretend for so long, because eventually they will be kicked out.

exJW: How can you be sure of that?

JW: Because, this is God's organization.

(start over from the top)

• exjdub
    exjdub
    Look if you want to have a half way decent board relationship, you need to chill. You talk about me attacking. Everything I say YOU come back with a smart comment and attack. Stop.

Derrick,

I wasn't attacking you and I did not come back with a "smart comment". What I did do was ask you a question based on comments you made, which I notice you deftly avoided by accusing me of attacking you. The question I asked still remains. Would you be willing to answer it?

exjdub

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit