Are there any bikers out there ???

by bull01lay 19 Replies latest jw friends

• garybuss
    garybuss

I was 19 or 20 when this was taken.

• bull01lay
    bull01lay

Great pics guys - thanks.

Darth Yhwy - If it's an 87 I'm guessing it is a 1200 ? I was thinking of upgrading to one of those awhile back - I had an 1100 Interstate, but came across my current bike and it was too good to miss.

I had my wedding procession led by two Wineberry GL1100's - caused quite a lot of interest as we drove by..

Lehaa - I hired a Suzuki SV1000S for about 7 weeks while my wing was being repaired... What a bike !!! It was so much fun to ride... but it had to go.. before I lost my license or my life !! Temptation to play on it was just too great.....! In the name of experimentation I did see what the net effect of suddenly sitting upright from a prone position was at 135mph.... all I can say is that if it wasn't for all those years of self abuse, there would be no way I could have held on!! Masturbation save my life !!!

Chuckler - The 1200 bandit is an awesome machine - quite a few people I know own them. I also like the look of the GSX1400 - I wanted to test ride one before I bought my wing, but the guys at the shop said "it's not test ride season any more" - so i walked out and bought something else instead. According to the blurb re the bike show, you can test ride one !!! I know where I'm going this weekend !!!

Bull!

• bull01lay
  • I quit!
    I quit!

I gave up bikes when I became a JW. Over the years I have thought about getting another bike but have never got around to it. One of my friend who is an exdub has a Harley and goes on the ride to Laughlin, NV every year. My wife's cousin is an elder and is really into the Harley thing. I always thought this is a bit unusual was a witness but I guess it means there is hope for him.

• I quit!
    I quit!

"I was 19 or 20 when this was taken." I'll bet you wish you still had that bike Gary. It would be a classic. Speaking of classics when I was a kid I had a guy ask me to trade my dirt bike for his 57 Chevy 2 door hardtop and we did. I wish I still had the car.

• garybuss
    garybuss

I'll bet you wish you still had that bike Gary.That was a '48 panhead springer. The first year for the panhead and the last year for the springer. I rode it 7,000 miles the first summer I had it. I had several classics in my life. I had a 1950 Ford convertible and a black 1959 Cadillac too. I appreciated them while I had them. I have the pictures:-)

• Darth Yhwh
    Darth Yhwh

bull01lay, your are correct, 1200. I'll take a photo one of these days and post it for you.

• bull01lay
  • R6Laser
    R6Laser

I have a Yamaha R6, hence the name r6laser. I bought it back when I was still attending the KH and there was no uproar from anyone. I'm thinking most here play it up too much.

• bull01lay
    bull01lay

Hi R6Laser

I'm thinking most here play it up too much.

You must have come from a progressive, or predominantly young congregation. I was never told outright "you shouldn't have that bike", but there were alot of snide comments from older ones when I was around, quiet conversations that suddenly raised loud enough to hear, about rebellion, and taking risks etc. I had a few wry comments about my riding style too, although none of them had ever been on a bike with me, so didn't know exactly how it felt or looked first hand !

What do you think to your R6 - I'm told they're not very forgiving - you have to be a good rider to be able to get the most out of them cos of how highly tuned they are.. ?

Brits seem to have a real love affair with sports bikes - while I like them, unfortunately I'm not built to ride one, if you get what I mean ! So, I tend to go for the big tourers, and the low riders - would absolutely love a harley Fatboy or V-Rod Anniversary Edition

Bull!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit