Are there any bikers out there ???

by bull01lay 19 Replies latest jw friends

• bull01lay
    bull01lay

How many of you are Ex JW Bikers ?? I remember it was frowned upon when I had a bike - risking life and limb on english roads didn't go down too well with some of the more conservative elders.

What kind of bike do you ride ?

Me, I ride a Honda Goldwing, GL1500 SEM - American import. I'll try and post some pics at some stage. I'd love to see anyone elses rides...

Anyone going to the Bike show at Birmingham NEC - check out this link

http://www.motorcycleshow.co.uk/ride_outs.html

Be sure to take your license !!!

Bull!

• Kaylen
    Kaylen

ohh biker (Supertrooper)

• Darth Yhwh
    Darth Yhwh

My dad has been riding for years. He used to take me out as a kid all the time. One of my fondest memories is going on a camping trip with him on the bike.

I can remember one sister at a kingdom hall giving my mom a real hard time about going on ride with him. Crazy how they put their noses into every aspect of your life. LOL

Anyway, my dad has just recently taught me how to ride. I own a 1987 Honda Goldwing Aspencade. I've been going on weekly rides with the old man for the past few months and have been having the time of my life doing it. My dad has also recently bought a Harley for my mother and is teaching her to ride too.

• doofdaddy
    doofdaddy

Yeah, when I was a jw I rode a Triumph Trident I bought for Aus$1,000 in Hong Kong and had it shipped to Australia.

At the end of my jw career, I bought a Triumph Bonneville. Also had numerous four cylinder Hondas over the decades too.

• Lehaa
    Lehaa

Yep, biker through and through.

I'm only new at it. Yes, you think it was hard as a male liking bikes, you wanna be a woman who likes bikes, we we're loose, immoral.

Anyway I ride a Kawasaki zzr250. My partner has been riding for years, rides a Suzuki SV650S. Love it, sounds great.

Most of our friends ride and we've just been to the Grand Prix. Best thing I've ever been to.

Me on my bike. Love it. Only a motor cyclist knows why a dog hangs it's head out of the window.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Another here, having finally got off my ass and passed my test earlier this year..

Currently riding a wee (engine-wise) 125cc trailbike to commute with. You can't beat it for parking, and it's tall for looking over cars! Just as well I'm 6', for getting my foot down.

A friend and I are considering getting something bigger next Spring.

Lehaa:

Only a motor cyclist knows why a dog hangs it's head out of the window.

Now aint that the truth!!!

• Lehaa
    Lehaa

Yeah i agree, those trail bikes, some are small on the engine size, but height wise they're huge.

I'm going to have to have my next bike lowered. I really short, about 5'3".

Stll, worth it in the end. just love to be able to get out more often, but hard to attach a three year old on the back of a road bike.

• skinnyboy
    skinnyboy

Yeah im a reformed one, had a spill years ago and decided that i love speed too much.

I had my knee down round a fast roundabout, well gravity is a bitch!

would love another though, but my mate pete lost his leg a few years ago, when he was popping a mono down Princes Highway and lost it, nearly lost both his legs the moron. after that happened, I just admire bikes now.

• The Chuckler
    The Chuckler

Been riding for about 10 years, including despatching for 12 months on a knackered Kwak GT550..

Current bike is a Bandit 1200, a thug of a bike. The missus has a CBR250R called 'Screaming Orgasm'. It revs to 18,000 rpm and doesn't start to kick ass until 12,000rpm.

Scotland has some of the best biking roads in the UK and we try to get out as often as we can.

• Lehaa
    Lehaa

Hey Skinnyboy,

If you wanna have a good drool session, a lot of my friends take they're bikes into south bank on a friday night after work. The police even let them ride right up to the river. So if you walk down south bank on a good night they're can be up to 100 bike's they're. Lots of girls on bikes too.

If you gonne head down, let me know and I'll make sure i'm threy're.

Ask for slej, My partner, or Leah.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit