‘DELIVERENCE AT HAND'.......... ..... 2006 District Convention

by yesidid 48 Replies latest jw friends

• atypical
    atypical

Oh my god he's back!!!!!!!! I missed you dude! Can we still call you Elijah? We've formed your twelve apostles and are waiting for your commands. Please don 't ever leave us hanging like that again!

• atypical
    atypical

Sorry, I forgot..............................................................Amen!!!!

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

Oh boy!!!

More scare tactics on the part of the WBTS.

DY

• atypical
    atypical

Yep, I can hear it now. For the next ten months I am going to get comments from "strong" jws about how our deliverance is at hand and now is not the time to be slowing down.

• sweet tee
    sweet tee

Well, since the great outflux began in the 90's after the 'generation' change, something has to be done to put the fear of the governing body God back into the remaining R&F and new ones. This time they'll tie using the internet directly to those not being delivered - I'm taking bets on it!

sweet tee

• Honesty
    Honesty

Scoff at Armagedon if you will. It will come. Noone knows when, but it will not be late. We should be getting ready for it, shouldnt we? Defd

We aren't scoffing at Armageddon, defd.

We are scoffing at the following from your Watchtower God of Prophecy:

1889 - "The battle of the Great Day of God Almighty, which will end in 1914 at the complete overthrow of earth's present rulership is already commenced" The Time Is At Hand page 101 (1908 edition)

1916 - The Bible chronology herein presented shows that the six great 1000 year days beginning with Adam are ended, and that the great seventh day, the 1000 years of Christ's Reign, began in 1873. The Time Is At Hand page 2 (Forward)

1922 - The date 1925 is even more distinctly indicated by the scriptures than 1914. WT 9/1/22 page 262

1926 - Some anticipated that the work would end in 1925, but the Lord did not so state. WT 1926 p. 232

1926 - The difficulty was that the friends inflated their imaginations beyond reason; and that when their imaginations burst asunder, they were inclined to throw everything away. WT 1925 p. 56 par. 51

1941 - Receiving the gift, the marching children clasped it to them, not a toy or plaything for idle pleasure, but the Lord's provided instrument for most effective work in the remaining months before Armageddon. WT 9/15/41 page 288

They finally identified themselves to the world with this statement, defd:

1968 - True, there have been those in times past who predicted and end to the world, even announcing a specific date. Yet nothing happened. The end did not come. they were guilty of false prophesying. Why? What was missing? Missing from such people were God's truths and the evidence that He was using and guiding them. AWAKE 10/8/68

And you still believe it is the truth?

• dedpoet
    dedpoet

Sounds like another 1975 style con to me, get the rf out selling again. I think I'll vote for scoffing as well

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

I remember back in the early 70's when we had tracts that we HAD to deliver to "someone" at every door......no conversation was allowed---we were trained to just say that "THIS was a very important and urgent warning we were handing out to people worldwide---here is your copy (place it in the hand of the householder and walk away).......I think it said Armageddon on the cover page and we got them by bundles of 100. forgot how many of them we were supposed to "place".

EVERYTHING back then was all hurry-hurry.....rush-rush....urgent warnings...END COMING SOON...... it was quite a circus to live in.

We all know (as was pointed out) that NOBODY KNOWS when this will come....and mankind has been trying to second-guess this for as long as the bible is old.

Those "we be imperfect" men from the Witchtower have built an empire on the backs and wallets of an unsuspecting group of JWs, and will keep ON doing this as long as there are people who listen to them!

They have yet to have ONE prediction, prophecy OR speculation come true, yet they still somehow command the respect of those who put their trust in them......and support their holdings by their donations.

This crap of "Deliverance" is pure nonsense from the ground floor up, when it comes from this publishing company that is pretending to be a religion. It's not even feasible that ANY person would live their entire LIFE balancing on the edge of a precipice, putting that life on HOLD, while awaiting something that MAY NEVER EVEN BE MEANT FOR OUR TIME PERIOD!!!!!

LIVES have been wasted, people have put off having children, going to get a decent education, never having enough time to do ANYTHING but prepare for and GO to meetings, assembies, conventions, bookstudies and field service! The way the WTS bosses go, ANY time left over might be spent in secular work, housework, yardwork, shopping for food and clothing....and maybe....just maybe...a hobby would like to be enjoyed.

It is NOT the way we were meant to live. The "slave for Jehovah" mindset and the SCREAMS of "do MORE--do MORE" only benefits the Watchtower Society....which cares for JWs about as much as householders appreciate the JWs who pester them on Saturday mornings.

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

"Deliverance at Hand".. yeah. Hopefully this belly-laugh-inducing-to-regular-thinking-human-beings cult title wakes some dubbies up.

Embarrassing.

GBL

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41

same old shit.............shows their pathetic need to keep the rank and file forever hoping..........

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit