If the WTS was totally discredited in the eyes of the JWs

by greendawn 25 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• greendawn
    greendawn

If a really big scandal happened in the WTS and the R&F realised that the organisation is the big con that it is, how do you think they would react?

Empty kingdom halls? Divided families re united? The apostates becoming heroes? The WTS sued for millions for causing the deaths of many members by banning blood? Big fires everywhere consuming the society’s literature? Dubs storming the HQ to find revealing documents about the secret activities of the GB?

• twinflame
    twinflame

I thought and thought about it. All I could come up with is DENIAL.

• greendawn
    greendawn

That may be the case with all the mind conditioning they had and the fear that all they strived for was in vain, and the humiliation of having been badly duped. That could induce a state of denial in most but some may seek to aggressively take recompense and burn down a few kingdom halls.

• misspeaches
    misspeaches

Good question...

The sad answer is that the loyal dubbies would most likely say what they have been programmed to say - Its bad people in the organisation. Its not the organisation. Its still God's channel of communication.

• Bryan
    Bryan

If a scandal broke out, they would simply say, it's the nasty apostates or the devil is trying to attack Jehovah's bOrg.

Bryan

Have You Seen My Mother

• Legolas
    Legolas

Good question!

No they are idiots, to put it simple!

All the people Arwen and I told still think it is all a lie, or say that they had a 'good reason' to do what they do!

There would be alot that I think would leave, but I believe more would stay...depending on what the scandal was.

• Confession
    Confession

While the internet has been (and will continue to be) an incredibly important element in helping JWs find the truth about the WTS, my opinion is it will take some major shaking besides the internet. What I envision is a major motion picture that highlights the crushed lives among those in the organization. The blood issue, pedophilia, and especially shunning would, perhaps, be highlighted as ways in which this bunch controls lives to the extent of ruining families and individuals.

As powerful as it would be, it would be met with a campaign from the WTS that is equally as powerful--to existing JWs. The vast majority would not be immediately affected, but for a good deal of them (I suggest) it will give them what they need to start thinking critically. The resulting news/talk programs and magazine articles would further this effect, and the seeds will be sown for even more who are just not ready yet to think for themselves--but who someday will be.

• Kaput
    Kaput

Guess the UN/NGO affair wasn't a big enough scandal. Maybe if the GB pulled a 'full monty" on the sidewalk in front of HQ? Then again, the dubs might just say the ol' poops had a "senior" moment.

• TopHat
    TopHat

How many Jws R&F know one of the anointed on the GB was disfellowshipped? Not to many I suspect!

• Kaput
    Kaput

They only know what they're told to know.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit