So how does one fade away, don’t want to be disfellowshipped

by JoeGeneration 20 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• JoeGeneration
    JoeGeneration

So how does one fade away without moving?

Consider that the elders know where you live.

Will the following line work?

"I am just too busy to go to the meetings right now."

Don’t want to be disfellowshipped becauase of family.

As long as I indicate that I still “believe” they won’t try any judicial crap, right?

• daystar
    daystar

I can't directly answer since I have no experience with fading away, however...

As long as I indicate that I still “believe” they won’t try any judicial crap, right?

Not necessarily at all. I still believed when they told me I could no longer attend meetings, and I told them as much. They didn't care. No shepherding calls, nothing.

• Why Georgia
    Why Georgia

My husband has been fading away for awhile.

But at various times the Elders have gotten him in their sites ....I mean made shepherding calls.

They always want to know what he believes.

The only advice I can give is to just be friendly and loving to them - when and if you run into them be friendly and loving.

Don't answer any questions about beliefs - change the subject or use "theocratic warfare" ...LOL...and lie.

If you can don't answer the door if they knock, don't answer their phone calls or letters.

Don't tell your true beliefs to anyone that might report it back.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do.

Why Georgia

• blondie
    blondie

As a fellow fader (3 years), it is important to remember that you aren't obligated to answer any questions. Just change the subject.

My motto is not to take any phone calls from elders or invite them in if they drop by without calling.

If an elder(s) were to happen on me in a public place, I would just say hi and keep walking to my car as I smiled and waved.

Just remember, they are not really your friend, especially if you are trying to fade. Be careful who you confide in.

Love, Blondie

• atypical
    atypical

I have also been trying to fade, and have gotten great advice here from people like Blondie. As hard as it is, you want to draw the least attention possible. That means having to bite your tongue a lot; every time somebody says something you know is stupid and untrue. And I cannot agree more with the "less said the better" approach. Don't ever let yourself get into a position where you are answering questions. Turn it around by saying you of course want to do better and then blame it on money. Nobody wants to help you with money. Anything but that!

• garybuss
    garybuss

I took a direct approach. I went after the elders questioning them about their beliefs (and practices).
    They lie to me when they do talk to me. (I'll do some research on that and get back to you.)
    When they meet me in the street, they smile and keep walking. (Often forgetting the smile.)
    They don't answer my calls when I call.
    They don't answer their doors when I visit them.
    They don't answer my mail or respond to my invitations to a public meeting.

• caz
    caz

From what I've seen, all you have to do to have them completely ignore your existence and let you get on with your own life is to tell them that you have been diognosed with severe depression bordering on bi polar disorder........tha

• minimus
    minimus

Like Blondie, I've been fading for a few years, too. The thing I've so far managed to do is avoid the elders. I do not believe I owe them anything in way of explanations. They are no better than me.

• garybuss
    garybuss

I forgot to add, they can't disfellowship me and they can't shun me because I shun them. AND they can't hurt me because there are no Witnesses who would try to hurt me, that I care about. I have the perfect immunity with impunity. :-)

I'll just say this: If you don't want elders visiting you, go after THEM. They will hide like rats at a skeet shoot. If you think elders can't perform magic try turning up some time with reporters and TV cameras. They disappear better than any magician.
    The Witness people are like vampires. They only work in the dark of night behind closed doors. When the lights come on, they are gone.

• garybuss
    garybuss

I never had a good life until Jehovah's Witnesses started shunning me. Please never stop! :-)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit