I'm livid & angry & sick!!!

by mamochan13 15 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Forscher
    Forscher

Yep. One of my few regrets as well! It disgusts me that the borg still does that. Fortunately they will have nothing to do with what my son does on that issue!

Forscher

• Forscher
    Forscher

One word of hope. My wife is going to college right now. She tells me that the local Dubs are ignoring the directions of the "Faithful and Discrete Slave" in the matter of higher education. Their kids are going to college!

Forscher

• Nate Merit
    Nate Merit

Hey Nico

Its great to see the WTBTS set on sel-destruct. Thats almost as good as winning a small lottery.

Nate

• Jez
    Jez

I remember when I told my JW mother that I was finishing my degree to get a better job, she tsked and said, "You are doing everything that we are counselled about NOT doing."

I said, "Who counselled?"

She "The society"

I said, "Who?"

She "THE society"

I said, "Who?"

She got the message and stormed off.

• Darth Yhwh
    Darth Yhwh

Although I have not read the most recent WT that this thread is refering too I can imagine what is said in it. The WBTS discourages education in the same manner as they discourage the Internet. Educated people tend to analyze, problem solve, and to think for them selves. This is certainly bad news for the WBTS.

• greendawn
    greendawn

Surprising that they can't see the obvious ie that a person with a better education can earn better money and find more time to serve their org.

It may be they don't want educated persons in the org because they will start asking too many questions, perhaps their statistics show that educated dubs meant trouble for the org.

They do have some cheek to talk like this trying to cajole kids with deceptive smooth talking in the year 2005 ten years after they admitted that their armageddon may well not be near. And after ruining the lives of so many dubs capable of obtaining uni degrees because the new world was so near and a uni education was so pointless.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit