Magazine Routes March KM

by Rattigan350 19 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Magnum
    Magnum
    Yes, Rattigan350, it is "brainless ministry". As a super-dub reg pio, I always hated magazine routes. I observed only wastes of time, fuel, paper, etc. Most of the JWs with mag routes that I observed loved them because they could just hand out mags with no preaching, ride around, and count that all-important TIME.
  • carla
    carla

For the zillionth time you dumb@##$%, people only take them to be polite!

Sorry, my rant to the wt. Friday, long week, time for a cocktail. Carry on....

• Magnum
    Magnum

carla, that is so true. Now go have your cocktail, honey.

I was recently talking with my supervisor at work about having been a JW. She told me that a JW lady comes by her house and brings magazines. I coulld tell that my supervisor has no clue, not even the slightest, as to what JWs believe. She does just take the mags to be nice. She and her husband will never become JWs.

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower

What a waste of man power. These WT Corporation CEOs are totally clueless. First off the magazines are given away free and second they are full of shit (So it is a money loosing venture with very little in the way of returns for all that labor and gas money).

What these GBs need to do is make a mad real estate rush get all these JW banging nails and building building so they can sell them when all these child molestation lawsuit become due.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

Magazine routes are simply a sales technique. Though most are not interested, its a numbers game. The more you "expose" the more are likely to take the bait. Husband sells insurance. I hear this stuff ALL the time. It honestly is about the most annoying thing-how all the verbiage brings me back to my childhood that way (also associate it with persecution and armageddon, so its kind of wound that keeps getting rubbed open.)

On the positive note JWs are one of the few groups disliked more than insurance agents. People actually get a benefit out of insurance!

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Yep, I think that KM farticle has been recycled every few years.

They really shouldn't be called magazines anymore. I think "minizines" or "tractazines" is more appropriate.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2
    How about "junk mail" billy?
  • steve2
    steve2

In the 1960s, my older sister and I had our own magazine routes in a small town in New Zealand. We were school age and ran the routes by ourselves. That was at a time when it was not unknown for JW paremts to allow their kids to door knock alone.

We competed with each other to see who could place the most magazines. Our JW mother chided us for trying to outdo each other.

I remember one occasion when our competitive spirits escalated into pushing and shoving. My sister claimed she had placed more than me which I thought was a lie.

Mother was mortified at our fighting over the ministry and sent us to our rooms.

I wonder if we are the only JW kids on the earth to be sent to our rooms for arguing over who placed the most magazines? Decades later, we raised this incident with our elderly mother and all laughed out loud about it. Looking back I wonder about the craziness of it all...but boy it sure was fun at the time!

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

I feel left out. The JWs **NEVER** come by my house to offer me the rags. I need to shred them and put them in my compost bin. OK....I was an elder and now Im probably labeled an apostate..."don't go *THERE*....he's apostate!"

Snakes

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter
    Yeah, we see JWs for the flyer invites, but can't get one to have a conversation. They got places to go, people to not see!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit