Magazine Routes March KM

by Rattigan350 19 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Rattigan350
    Rattigan350

Improving Our Skills in the Ministry—Developing a Magazine Route

What does delivering magazines have to do with skills in a ministry?

"Many people who enjoy reading our magazines do not wish to study the Bible with us."

Really?  How many?

"Try This During theMonth:  Make a list of those who could be on a magazine route. Offer them the current  issues of the magazines, and tell them that you will bring them the next issue."

Brainless ministry

• millie210
    millie210

So they are recycling the magazine route AGAIN?

This was big when I was a kid. Then it resurfaced with exactly the same sales pitch as above about (10?) years ago. I say 10 but it might have been longer ago. 

People acted like it was a brilliant new idea. 

I guess they will act that way this time too. 

It is a way of making the ministry more palatable. Get 4 people with a MAG route and let them drive around all morning. They feel like they accomplished something and they didnt have to really do anything.

Isnt that the whole point? 

• Splash
    Splash

Hardly a cutting edge suggestion.
    They were suggesting the exact same thing 45 years ago (or longer, probably)

*** km 4/71 p. 4 par. 4 Presenting the Good News—That People May Be Free ***
    Do you have a magazine route? If not, and you would like to start one, you may wish to follow the example of a pioneer in California. His route helps him to average placement of 395 magazines a month. When householders take magazines, he says, “Would you like to have these magazines regularly? They are only 20c a month, and I will be glad to deliver them.” 

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

"Many people who enjoy reading our magazines do not wish to study the Bible with us."

Really?  How many?

I remember one Return Visit (TM) who said he thought he had been doing JWs a favor by taking their mags and just throwing them away.  He figured it was important for them to be able to say they had distributed a certain number of the magazines.

He didn't know how true it is.

Doc

• mimimimi
    mimimimi
    My husband will take literature just he can throw it away and it will not go to someone else.  Good idea.
  • DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Magazine route = Burning fossil fuels, going to Starbucks, gossiping, knocking on the doors of empty houses. It also involves the puzzled look on the face of a householder when the same JW comes back month after month, and never says exactly why they're there. 

DD

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

oh, but they forgot to clarify:

"As our new magazines are smaller in size, we remind all you our dear brothers, that one would need to place 3 copies of a magazine in order to count 1 placement on your monthly report"

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

A WBT$ Magazine Route..LOL!!..

Image result for watchtower logo

Image result for is http://www.live365.com/userdata/39/84/3428439/userlogo276x155.jpg Image result for jehovahs witness at door

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy
    I heard from a reliable source that there is 3, 3 people that enjoy reading the magazines.
  • Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

Will they be taking the singing trolley with them?

OUTLAW: That guy on the doorstep is dangerously close to receiving some brain damage or a severe neck injury.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit