Jehovah willing

by MsMcDucket 13 Replies latest jw friends

• Darth Yhwh
    Darth Yhwh
    I think it's just a catch phrase used to pretend there actually is such a being and that he cares about the dubs and what they are doing.

Well said, startingover!

• blondie
    blondie

w91 2/1 p. 12 Honor Jehovah—Why and How? ***
    Years ago it was the custom of the International Bible Students to add to any statement relating to the future the abbreviation D.V., which stands for Deo volente, meaning "God willing."

Knowingly or unknowingly, JWs have continued this tradition. That phrase is used in the WT publications so it gives it the stamp of approval of the FDS/GB.

JWs parrot what they hear.

w88 2/15 p. 29 The "Divine Justice" District Conventions ***

Jehovah willing, the "Divine Justice" District Conventions will begin Thursday at 1:30 p.m. and will conclude at 4:00 p.m. on Sunday.

w79 2/1 p. 14 Fifty Years in "the Vineyard"—A Way of Life ***

Now I have an infant great-grandson whom, Jehovah willing, I may yet see praising His name.

w79 2/1 p. 31 Prepare Now for the "Living Hope" District Assembly ***

Jehovah willing, the "Living Hope" District Assemblies of Jehovah’s Witnesses will serve that very purpose

w79 2/1 p. 31 Prepare Now for the "Living Hope" District Assembly ***

Jehovah willing, the "Living Hope" District Assemblies of Jehovah’s Witnesses will serve that very purpose

*** w79 7/1 p. 8 Keeping Watch for 100 Years ***

For 100 years now The Watchtower has been keeping watch in a spiritual way. Jehovah willing, it will keep watching

*** w77 5/1 p. 285 Welcome to the "Joyful Workers" District Assembly! ***

! They will each be four days in length and, Jehovah willing, literally hundreds of them will be held throughout the world—117 in the United States alone.

*** w63 5/1 p. 279 The Blessedness of Cheerful Giving ***

It is not a pledge but merely an estimation of what they would like to give and hope to give, Jehovah willing.

*** w57 6/15 p. 368 President Visits Europe and Middle East ***

It was so good to hear the missionaries and many others say, "Hope to see you in 1958!" Jehovah willing, we shall.

*** g84 1/22 p. 18 The Worldwide Impact of "Kingdom Unity" ***

. I was compelled by family and personal illness to leave a special assignment in Ireland last year, and I am now more determined than ever to return as soon as possible, Jehovah willing.

*** g79 9/22 p. 23 From Race with Death to Race for Life ***

Yes, truly, Jehovah willing, the race for life is the one that I hope to win.—Contributed.

*** g71 1/22 p. 26 Visiting the Lake Dwellers of Dahomey ***

And at the earliest opportunity that is just what we shall do, Jehovah willing—come again.

*** yb85 p. 35 Heart-Cheering News from Europe ***

Jehovah willing, we hope to break ground next year for the construction of a new Bethel complex."

*** yb78 p. 257 Spain ***

We do not know how much time is left for this system of things, but, Jehovah willing, here in Spain we are expecting further increase, and we are planning for even greater expansion.

*** yb70 p. 46 1970 Yearbook of Jehovah’s Witnesses ***

First of all, Brothers Knorr and Franz, president and vice-president respectively, thought it would be good if they could attend all of these assemblies, Jehovah willing.

*** w69 5/15 p. 318 Will You Really Be at the Assembly? ***

. They had made up their minds that, God willing, they were really going to be at the assembly.

*** g03 3/8 p. 31 A Man Who Chose to Obey God ***

Anyway, I lose very little because, God willing, I will have a new and better life. . . . I feel very calm as my last hour arrives.

*** yb90 p. 141 Finland ***

Brother Lundborg reported: "God willing, she will soon go to Finland again to pursue the work there."

• caligirl
    caligirl

No different from any other superstitious saying, in my opinion. And it always bugged me. THey would say that God has no control or doesn't interfere in our daily life, then say something like this that is basically saying " IF this happens, then Jehovah has directly influuenced a happening in my life." Duh...

• chrissy
    chrissy

well i have never heard of that saying, jehovah willing.

i guess thats like god willing, ey?

isnt there another saying relative to this...something like, sh*t in one hand and wish in the other and see which one fills faster...? isnt it all the same?

having said that i heard another quote recently that made me conclude without a little magic in your life, you are as good as dead.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit