I gave the PO a letter tonight

by fullofdoubtnow 32 Replies latest jw friends

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

Tonight was the school/service meeting at the kh, and myself and dedpoet drove there at the end of the meeting to see the po. We didn't go in the hall, we just waited outside the gates for the po to come out, then I handed him my letter, saying it was to get things over with and save the necessity of a jc. He didn't ask what it was, I think he knew, especially when he saw dp give me the thumbs up sign, but asked me to reconsider, but I said my mind is made up, I am leaving, and I want it out in the open as soon as possible. He wasn't ready to let it go at that however, and came over to my car to well, almost plead with me to think about what I was doing. I said as far as I am concerned there is nothing to think about, I just want to be left alone to get on with my life now.

He wouldn't let it go at that though, he said that I was "under Trev's (dedpoets) influence", and when I started to think more clearly I would regret the mistake I had made. Actually, I have thought more clearly in the last few weeks than for years, but there's no point telling him that. All this time, Trev had just sat there quietly, but the po turned on him, accusing him of undermining my faith with his "bitterness and twisted views about the truth", Trev just smiled at him, told him that it wasn't the jw beliefs but his attitude that drove most people away, because after all he couldn't help his beliefs, they were decided bu a few old men in Brooklyn, but he could do with working on his personality a bit, maybe seeing about having the operation reversed. (Trev has often said the po must have had a charisma bypass operation at birth lol). The po asked "what operation?", Trev just said never mind, we both laughed, said goodnight and drove off.

Well, that's it, I have brought my life as a jw to an end. I imagine an announcement will be made in the next few weeks, though I won't be there to hear it. I feel liberated tonight, free at last. A few years ago I would never have thought I would ever do this, but I just know it's the right thing to do, so now I have the task of rebuilding my life away from the jws. In truth I have started that already, I got drunk for the first time in many a year the other day, and it felt good at the time, not so good the next morning though lol! Trev is my best friend, and I know I can rely on him, and I am going out with a couple of work colleagues this Friday, so I've made a start. I know it's not going to be easy, but I will survive, and I can even celebrate Christmas this year!

So let the shunning begin, I am OUT of the borg!

Linda

• Legolas
    Legolas

!!!!!!Congrats!!!!!!

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

FREEDOM is such a lovely word

Congrats!!!

• kls
    kls

Congratulations to you and now let the healing begin

• twinflame
    twinflame

WOOOHOOOO!!!!!

Welcome to the first day of the rest of your life! Or should I say...Welcome back to life!

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

Wow, congratulations! The PO dude can't imagine a world outside of his, so the fact that you want to leave it just doesn't fit. He'll never get it, unless he wakes up one day and peeks behind the curtain as you have.

Sounds like Trev handled it well, too! I wonder what the dubs think when they see that "apostates" haven't turned into frothing-at-the-mouth lunatics, hell-bent on assailing "the truth"? They probably think nothing at all...

I am going out with a couple of work colleagues this Friday, so I've made a start. I know it's not going to be easy, but I will survive, and I can even celebrate Christmas this year!

Go live, live, live! Enjoy! HAPPY BELATED HALLOWEEN!

Dave

• jgnat
    jgnat

Yay! Enjoy your freedom!

Kind of sad how the PO has already tuned out your genuine concerns. That will keep him from making positive change. Which means, he and his elders will probably make this same mistake again.

• Cordelia
    Cordelia

CONGRATULATIONS

why dont you write a few letters to people in the hall before your annoucement telling them the things youve learned maybe get them to think about questioning the 'truth' themselves! also it may help you to say 'bye' to any you were close with (thats something i wish i'd done!)

Do you have any family in the 'truth?'

• misspeaches
    misspeaches

Breath Deep....

Relax

Because you can!

• Kaput
    Kaput
    So let the shunning begin, I am OUT of the borg!

You won't be shunned here.

BTW, congratulations! Now the ball & chain is off!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit