Another JW sports star

by undercover 22 Replies latest jw friends

• undercover
  • klinton
    klinton

I was just reading that....and I noticed the bit where it states: "Voting, once prohibited, is now optional.' What's the deal with that? Is that true?

• Gretchen956
    Gretchen956

1. What ever happened to the ban on extra-curricular activities. If you did that during my time "in" you would have been marked. We were counseled about it often from the platform.

2. Voting is a matter of conscience unless you want to have a position of authority in the congregation, its sort of like a beard. I guess voting would be ok as a matter of course for women then, since we weren't allowed anyway.

HA what a load of bull excrement!

Sherry

• undercover
    undercover
    I noticed the bit where it states: "Voting, once prohibited, is now optional.' What's the deal with that? Is that true?

I noticed that too. I wonder what the JWs that read that article are thinking?

The WTS did come out with an article that, on the surface, give the impression that voting is a conscience matter.

Voting is a matter of conscience unless you want to have a position of authority in the congregation, its sort of like a beard. ; I guess voting would be ok as a matter of course for women then, since we weren't allowed anyway.

Outside of the article I mentioned above, I haven't seen anything on voting being a consciene matter or keeping brothers from being "used" in the congregation.

Does the new organization book cover this any?

• lola28
    lola28

He is rookie in the NBA with the Pacers? He will be DFed in two months.

• Nellie
    Nellie

About 2-3 years ago at the District Assembly it was said that voting was a matter of conscience. I'm sure it's been put in a WT somewhere. On the way home, I turned to my husband and said, "Did you hear what I heard?" Unbelievable!

It's also unbelievable to me that his parents let him play school sports! That is STILL a no-no!

• blondie
    blondie

If the WTS tells individual JWs that they cannot vote, the governments will not feel that the WTS is being neutral in political matters. In the same way, the elders are instructed not to tell young male JWs what their decision should be regarding military service. These are the written rules for public consumption. But most JWs and ex-JWs know what the "unwritten" rules are.

Refusing a blood transfusion is supposed to be an individual decision too; but an individual decision to disassociate yourself; something not in writing even in the body of elder letters. It was read to the bodies and they were not allowed to have a copy or even look at the letter.

Blondie

• sf
    sf

Someone please go over [this] with me again as to it's meaning:

"WE ARE NO PART OF THIS WICKED SYSTEM OF THINGS"

Anyone?

sKally

• klinton
    klinton

So....it's not a new thing? It's just a misunderstanding on the part of the reporter?

• Jez
    Jez
    "We give our reverence to God rather than man," he said.

Isn't it strange how no matter who you talk to, all JWs spew the exact same reply when asked why they don't salute the flag? Doesn't it creep you out? So robotic and standardized. Jez

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit