Anyone for mischief?

by bagpuss 8 Replies latest jw friends

• bagpuss
    bagpuss

I grew up in East Yorkshire and November 4th was mischief night. We would do all kinds of crazy things like removing peoples gates and hiding them, knocking on doors and running away - you know the kind of thing! The great thing was we never got into trouble, after all everyone knew it was mischief night and expected to get up next day and find their garden gnomes missing!!!

I live in the south of England now and no-one has heard about mischief night. How about you ? Does it happen where you live?

• Jordan
    Jordan

Lol... Yeah, I'm from Essex, and I've never heard of Mischief night, sounds like Halloween for big kids...

• trevor
    trevor

Yeah - I live in the south of England and one morning we woke up and found that ‘mischief night,' had gone missing.

No one saw it go, no-one saw who took it, no-one knows anything. I heard a rumour that it ended up somewhere in the North. How’s that for mischief?

• riko
    riko
    heard a rumour that it ended up somewhere in the North. How’s that for mischief?

LOL no sign of it here!

Well I'm from the north east and mischeif night is all new to me I'm afraid...seems like every night is mischief night for kids around here...

• bull01lay
    bull01lay

Mischief night is new to me too I'm afraid - and I'm from just below South Yorkshire....

Still, you know what it's like coming from a developing third world area like yorkshire.. they're bound to have some strange customs!

What is it they sing up there.... "Every sperm is sacred......?" (for all you Monty Python fans!)

Bull! - who knows nowt' !!!

• RevFrank
    RevFrank

THAT USUALLY HAPPENS IN North Hollywood california every night.

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

I have always lived in the Midlands, and have never heard of mischief night either. I wouldn't mind starting one though!

• jeeprube
    jeeprube

You crazy Brits!

• Virgogirl
    Virgogirl

Hahaha, sounds like fun! Nothing like that here stateside but there is a small outfit that will place hundreds of pink plastic flamingos all over a family member or friends front yard for a fee. This is done in the wee hours. They arise in the morning to the embarassing prank!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit