Today show on NBC

by bikerchic 19 Replies latest jw friends

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

They are having an up coming show on religions and have asked for questions to be sent regarding these faiths; Mormons, Scientology, Kabbalah, Opus Dei?

I know JW's wasn't and isn't listed but and this is a big but, if they got enough emails regarding JW's maybe they would include it in the discussion as well. It could be a great chance to get national coverage and ask some potential embarassing questions about the JW's.

Here is a link:

http://msnbc.msn.com/id/9843197/

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

Maybe they consider the JW's to be a cult and not a religion.

• JH
    JH

I'd like to see the JW's on TV trying to wiggle out of some questions too.

• jgnat
    jgnat

From the list of "approved" cults, I'd say they consider the JW's an anachronism. Not kooky enough to tittilate the viewers.

• undercover
    undercover
    From the list of "approved" cults, I'd say they consider the JW's an anachronism. Not kooky enough to tittilate the viewers.

When you look at Mormons and Scientology, even JWs wonder who the hell is stupid enough to get mixed up in that, but JWs are so blah that they aren't even a blip on most people's bullshit radar. And that's what makes it so hard to make people realize what we have been through and what we are going through.

If someone says they escaped the Moonies, they're almost a war hero. Similarly with the Mormons and the Scientologists. Former members of those get all kinds of questions about what they did at one time. Weird underwear to space travel, it makes for a good cult story. Former JWs are only asked about blood transfusions and missing holidays, not great ways to grab the headlines.

• Eyebrow2
    Eyebrow2

This is what I sent:

Jehovah's Witnesses:

Why do you constantly refuse to serve in the military, take part in political elections, and yet expect the government to protect your right to go door to door and solict people to buy your religious books and magazines? Jesus went door to door, but never ask the local Roman authorities for protection from the Jewish leaders that hated him.

Also: regarding college education. You will mention in your public magazines that Witnesses value education. Yet, you privately scoff at college education for your children.

• jgnat
    jgnat

We should have an annual Cult of the Year award, with a booby prize for the "dullest"

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

Yes Eyebrow! That is an excellent post, something which touches peoples every day life and has a huge affect on those around them as well!

Come on peeps this is more what I was thinking. How about mentioning the Pedophile Protection Plan™ that the WTS has within it's members?

• Eyebrow2
    Eyebrow2

Pedophile Protection Plan™

eek...that sounds like something Aflac would offer the WTS...

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

LOL @ Eyebrow!

Awe well here is my email to them:

My question is about another religion the Jehovah's Witnesses.

I know from experience they protect pedophiles with their "two-witness" rule. I would like a Jehovah Witness to answer how or why they would think a child molester would have a witness to the crime of molesting a child?
    By having this rule the Elders in the Congregation cannot nor will not punish the molester but the child remains unprotected. They also prohibit it's members from going to the authorities.
    Why?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit