Satan Vs. God: Tally of Destruction

by acuragirl 15 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Frogleg
    Frogleg

Maybe its all supposed to be like the NBA: No Harm, No Foul. After all, from that really great moment way back when, we all die. Can you rack up a death toll for killing dead people? However, there is an extremely subtle cause and effect cycle generated in this point, in that how would our attitude(s) change were we to have retained "everlasting" life? How many of the wars, crime, abuse, etc. would have been rendered pointless if only we didn't have such frustratingly finite lives? Then again, maybe all this has been just one big object lesson as to what happens when you cross the boss?

• Nate Merit
    Nate Merit

Hi Acuragirl

There is so much more! I devoted a long chapter in my book Jehovah Unmasked to this very topic.

"Be like God, that's what the Bible says! Then on practically every page it depicts God as a homicidal maniac. Maybe that's a Clue as to why the people of the western world act like a bunch of nutters!" -Rev. Jebediah Thunder.

Nate

• seattleniceguy
    seattleniceguy
    Maybe its all supposed to be like the NBA: No Harm, No Foul. After all, from that really great moment way back when, we all die.

It's funny how people have to rationalize God's behavior. Try killing someone and using this excuse. "They were going to die anyway. Sheesh, what's the big deal?"

Lest anyone misunderstand, I'm not actually disrespecting God in this thread because I don't believe he exists. Certainly not the Bible version, anyway.

SNG

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

isn't there something in some xian writting somewhere that describes god holding and petting Job's wife's head while satan raped her?

i can't think of where i saw that. i hope i am not giving a false witness, LOL.

TS

• Nate Merit
    Nate Merit

Hi SeattleNiceGuy

What if Biblegod and Satan are one and the same?

Nate

• forsharry
    forsharry

KEVIN It is a test, isn't it? The whole game, you (refering to the devil) sitting there, keeping score.

MILTON (CONT'D) No. That's the other guy. I don't judge anybody. As far as
    I'm concerned, everyone's a winner. God's your prankster, my boy. Think of it. He gives man
    instincts. He gives you this extraordinary gift and then, I
    swear to you -- for his own amusement -- his own private,
    cosmic gag reel -- he sets the rules in opposition. It's the
    goof of all time. Look but don't touch. Touch but don't taste.
    Taste but don't swallow. And while you're jumping from one foot
    to the other he's laughing his sick f-ng arse off! He's a
    tight-arse. He's a sadist. He's an absentee landlord!
    (incredulous)
    Worship that? Never.

Ala Devil's Advocate. Just thought it was funny.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit