Satan Vs. God: Tally of Destruction

by acuragirl 15 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• acuragirl
    acuragirl

Ok I was just thinking about horrible satan and loving god. Can anyone rack up the death and destruction of these two for comparison?

god has the destruction of all life on earth save for noah and his family and 2 of each animal. He also has the destruction of the people of soddom and gomorah. He also killed lots of people with all his plagues. There are many stories of individuals being killed by god too. And dont forget the grand finale of armageddon where he will murder some 6 billion people. Feel free to add more.

satan I guess has all the wars since 1914? I am not sure maybe the state of the world right now is his fault? What is on satans record please add more.

Maybe someone else can rack up a better list here because I dont completey understand the bible thanks.

• gringojj
    gringojj

Sorry again people this thread was started by me but I was logged on in my wifes name. Sorry.

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

the only bad thing i can think of that satan did, was what he did to Job. but then again, he was helping god get his jollies there.

TS

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

If you saw your oldest boy trying to tempt your youngest girl into doing something foolish that was going to get her killed, would you step in? Or would you say, "Nah, let's see how this plays out?"

I'd say anything that happened as a result of god allowing satan to carry out his little trick in Eden is at least partially his fault.

Satan was a trickster, a devious little imp that shoulda been timed-out for awhile. God was grossly negligent.

Dave

• chrissy
    chrissy

also if god created satan, doesnt this make the almighty one just another blood-guilty sob, seeing as how things turned out. even if he is a hypothetical spirit creature....

he is in charge. he could stop it at any time. he should at least share in the blame. and that is being generous.

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien
    3:5 For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil.

so now we're like gods, and everyone still wants to repent? what on earth for?

• seattleniceguy
    seattleniceguy

Going by the Bible alone, I think Satan's death toll is 10. He is directly responsible for killing Job's ten kids.

God's death toll has got to reach into the millions. If we're to believe the Bible, he sponsored the wholesale annihilation of countless cities througout Canaan. Talk about ethnic cleansing!

Of course, Christians will be quick to point out other ways that Satan is responsibile for all manner of mayhem. But the Bible doesn't explicitly say anything like that. It does explicitly talk about a lot of God-sponsored bloodshed, though. Now that I think about it, it's kind of weird that Satan gets such a bad rap. I mean, he's hardly mentioned in the entire Old Testament. He only appears a few times in the New Testament, and he doesn't really do much of anything there.

SNG

• skinnyboy
    skinnyboy

talk about bad press eh!

Very much maligned scamp old nick is, you never hear of Acts of Satan for weather snafus, or Wars fought in Satans name either. The figures don't add up, bit like the Republican Government, maybe God REALLY is with Bush, hasn't anyone ever thought that eh!

• greendawn
    greendawn

Biblically Satan is the root and ultimate sustainer of all evil in this world fiercely opposing any attempt by God to bring love and peace to mankind.

God gave the gospel to the world a perfect basis for achieving the above. However the world replied to this political manifesto preached by the apostles by torturing and killing hundreds of thousands of Christians over three centuries.

The world shouldn't blame God for anything once they pathetically accept satanic domination they have to also accept its consequent evils.

• seattleniceguy
    seattleniceguy
    Biblically Satan is the root and ultimate sustainer of all evil in this world fiercely opposing any attempt by God to bring love and peace to mankind.

Well, obviously, this is the Christian position. Can't very well go around saying God is responsible, can you now!

The point is, the Bible itself barely gives Satan a passing mention. If you look at the number of actual passages in the Bible which depict Satan hurting people, they are far fewer than the ones where God is commanding his followers to cut open the pregnant women and trample down the old men.

A person can make up ornate explanations for why this is the case all day long. But when you take a look at what the Bible actually says, Satan just isn't a major player. Seriously, break out a concordance and look up Satan. In the entire OT, I bet he barely breaks 50 times, and those should be almost entirely in Job, where he miraculously appears for 50 pages and then disappears again for another 1000. You'd think if Satan was "the root and ultimate sustainer of all evil in this world fiercely opposing any attempt by God to bring love and peace to mankind," the Bible would say so explicitly.

SNG

(Edited to correct misspelling.)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit