Chill out music

by seattleniceguy 22 Replies latest jw friends

• seattleniceguy
    seattleniceguy

What music do you listen to when you want to chill? I'm talking about kicking back, sitting in a dark room, maybe sipping on a lovely adult beverage, kind of stuff. Lately, I'm all about:

Death Cab for Cutie: Plans
    I'm loving this new album from Death Cab. If you've never heard of these guys, they're a local band (Bellingham) that has just made it to the big time. Their album We Have The Facts And We're Voting Yes is also awesome, but Plans feels a little more mature.

Royksopp: Melody AM
    This Norwegian duo puts out an awesome electronica groove. This album demands a dark room and a thoroughly relaxed body. Chill. Enjoy.

Beck: Sea Change
    Beck moves out of his normal party-monger scene into a slower, more reflective mood for this thoroughly enrapturing album. I love this one, start to finish.

So what do you all listen to? Expand my mind!

SNG

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

When I just wanna chill out and kick back I listen to Boards of Canada, Pink Floyd, LTJ Bukem, Explosions in the Sky, Sigur Ros, The Mars Volta,Godspeed you Black Emporer!, ect.. the list could go on all night. I really love that Beck cd too SNG, good call.

GBL

• skinnyboy
    skinnyboy

Royksopp, great outfit, a permanant spot in my car stacker!

Kings of Convenience are lo-fi good to chill out to as well.

• Sam the Man
    Sam the Man

Plej do some decent stuff if you want to chill out with 'trendy' new tunes. Also, check out a tune called 'Universal Unfolding' by Gramma Funk, on undiscovered Ibiza vol II which in my opinion is king of all 'chill out' tunes.

• Beachbender
    Beachbender

Steve Vai or Joe Satriani, mostly the G3 DVD`s

• Satanus
    Satanus

Buddha bar has some cool stuff.

S

• Jordan
    Jordan

I guess I like to listen to something acoustic based to chill out... I like downloading acoustic B-Sides, or Live performances by my favourite artists, it gives a nice mellow feeling to some of my favourite songs.

• Jordan
    Jordan

seattleniceguy, I agree entirely with you on the Royksopp and Death Cab for Cutie ones, I loved their versiong of New Year. And Royksopp's new album was awesomely well crafted.

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

feist, jeff buckley, great lake swimmers, cat power, the be good tanyas, carla bruni, CSNY, tom waits.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Dated I know - but Dark Side of The Moon

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit