Wikipedia—Faithful and Discreet Slave

by AuldSoul 14 Replies latest jw friends

• AuldSoul
  • startingover
    startingover

Very correct and well worded as far as I can tell.

Amazing thing is that there is more info there than most JW's ever begin to know about the subject. I learned most of that stuff after I left. I especially liked this well worded entry:

Although none of Jehovah's Witnesses claim infallibility on any teaching, public disagreement with published doctrine is treated as though the doctrine was beyond rational challenge by any individual.
  • AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

Thanks, startingover! I added the entire thing tonight. There wasn't an FDS article this morning. I still have references to add, but this will be part of the new JW project on Wikipedia.

• mann377
    mann377

Yeah: "As a class, the Faithful and Discreet Slave has no authority over anyone or anything. This group is not even listed in the Organizational structure of Jehovah's Witnesses." Shows what a farce the whole organization thing is!

• PoppyR
    PoppyR

Very interesting. I was looking at the WT for today and reading the scripture about the Faithful and Discreet slave and now I'm beginning to look at things in a new light I thought... does this even apply to today? Could Jesus not have just been using an illustration as he was earlier in the scripture. And suddenly all the time the word SUBMIT could be used in one study leapt out at me... This Wilkipedia article is very interesting and thought provoking, of course they are right, out of the supposedly 8000 or so faithful slave left on the earth at least 7950 have no input at all into the teachings!! Incidentally I'm very new, but is Wilkipedia run or owned by Ex Jws? Their information is just too accurate!

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

PoppyR...Check out my thread on the Faithful and Wise Servant:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/10/67457/1.ashx

It is clear from an examination of the language of the parable that it is completely based in the OT story of the life of Joseph, son of Jacob. The parable applies to Christians who follow the example set by Joseph.

• jst2laws
    jst2laws

Damn good job, AuldSoul

Well written and very well documented.

Jst

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

PoppyR, no, the owners of Wikipedia consider Jehovah's Witnesses to be a fringe Christian movement and a burr under their saddle. Between angry ex-JWs and well meaning—if misinformed—JW zealots they can't seem to get the JW pages to calm down. The project team is working on it, though. There will be a new release of the JW section soon, with many vast improvements over the current structure.

BTW, my article on the Faithful and Discreet Slave was not, in any way, intended to be negative in its presentation of the JW beliefs or history. The facts speak for themselves.

AuldSoul

• Legolas
    Legolas

Auldsoul...Did you write that for them?

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

Legolas, yes. I submitted the whole thing last night. I added the references section this morning.

AuldSoul

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit